Are the posted questions getting worse?

• BrainDonor wrote:

Now you've gone and done it - I need to boil my laptop now.

No no! Nurse! I said "Prick his boil"!

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• BrainDonor wrote:

Now you've gone and done it - I need to boil my laptop now.

In keeping with the tenor of the times, I'm just throwing mine away rather than take any chances.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Just to be sure, Kendrick threw away all his Tom Hanks movies.

@=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Working from home is plenty distracting. Beautiful weather, beer in the fridge, free choice of radio

• Here's a question for you.

If everyone in every business is teleworking right now, or shut down for other reasons, how do you onboard new employees that you hired previous to this crisis but had to give their 2 week notice at their previous jobs so they aren't starting for another week or two?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Just to be sure, Kendrick threw away all his Tom Hanks movies.

@=)

I threw out all my Dan Brown books too so I was doubly sure.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Here is a new topic that we all should be thinking, learning, and discussing.

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/earn-it-act

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

Here is a new topic that we all should be thinking, learning, and discussing.

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/earn-it-act

Added some links to text and coverage there. Not a new topic, really, same issue as unlocking the iPhones of suspects for police. Non-starter, things are either encrypted or they are not.

Should bad guys be caught? Absolutely. Is one child exploited too many? Absolutely. Is this the way? nope.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

• Thanks for the links, and I agree.

• I don't know about anyone else, but if the virus doesn't get me, staying home with these kids for weeks certainly will!

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Being divorced with grown children not living at home, I don't have that problem.

• Michael L John wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but if the virus doesn't get me, staying home with these kids for weeks certainly will!

How are you my friend and how are things in "the Pit"?

😎

• Thom A wrote:

Took me 3 days and 4 trips to a supermarket to buy Toilet Paper... I honestly thought I was going to have to "borrow" (aka Steal) some from work. Still not been able to buy any frozen mince or dried pasta, and a few other bits I'm running low on. I use normally a lot of the things people are panic buying as I don't live with anyone else. Fresh simply doesn't last long enough for me to use it all unless I want to be visiting the store every day or 2 for the stuff I need for dinner that day (and doing it that way gets expensive).

It's insane seeing people just picking up 20 cans of Baked beans or tinned spaghetti and thinking that "ok". I'm starting to feel like I'm going to need to hoard a few items just so that when I run out in a couple weeks I don't have the same problem; which just makes everything worse...

So I had 5 or so rolls last week, but caught them stocking at Wal Mart and bought 2 8 packs, which should get us another couple weeks. Saw Sunday that some stores have signs limiting # per person you can buy. Heard yesterday that some stores have police on the aisles to enforce this.

Wife is out now trying to buy a few things as some trucking worries are cropping up. Went out to buy a few dozen frozen burritos from a local guy to support him and give us a few more days of isolation.

• Eirikur Eiriksson wrote:

Michael L John wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but if the virus doesn't get me, staying home with these kids for weeks certainly will!

How are you my friend and how are things in "the Pit"?

😎

Hunkered down like everyone else!

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

So I had 5 or so rolls last week, but caught them stocking at Wal Mart and bought 2 8 packs, which should get us another couple weeks. Saw Sunday that some stores have signs limiting # per person you can buy. Heard yesterday that some stores have police on the aisles to enforce this.

Wife is out now trying to buy a few things as some trucking worries are cropping up. Went out to buy a few dozen frozen burritos from a local guy to support him and give us a few more days of isolation.

I'm sure you'll be good for a while. You just have to decide which horse you like least...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

Viewing 15 posts - 64,666 through 64,680 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply