Are the posted questions getting worse?

• OK, why do I do this to myself?

Watched the Lions game (US football / NFL) yesterday, and the Lions did Lions things...

They seem to always find some way to lose, whether it be blown calls by the refs (Green Bay game,) or they just manage to shoot themselves in the foot.  Worse, they seem to find ways to tease the fans (me?  I'm a Lions *watcher,* not a fan) by one week losing a game they should've won easily, then the following week pull a win out in the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter against a team they have no right beating...

I don't even have the excuse of playing in a fantasy football league and therefore needing to keep up on games.

On the other hand, though, knowing how the Lions play, I know it's a good time to get a nap in on Sundays...

• jasona.work wrote:

OK, why do I do this to myself?

Watched the Lions game (US football / NFL) yesterday, and the Lions did Lions things...

I think you are rubbing off on Denver. We seem to do Lions things as well.

Had an interesting debate with someone the other day. Is Stafford a good QB? Does nice things, has almost 2:1 TD/INT ratio, 40k yards in 10 years not bad, decent rating. However, can't get the team to win. Would we want him in DEN, now or knowing his career would go like this? Not sure. Course, I think he's better than Flacco, but not sure.

I am constantly amazed by the Lions. Have thought they'd have good years a few times, but can't seem to hold it together. Makes me think the org just has issues, as DEN does now.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

I am constantly amazed by the Lions. Have thought they'd have good years a few times, but can't seem to hold it together. Makes me think the org just has issues, as DEN does now.

This bit brought to mind a thought I've had occasionally.  The Lions have players that sound good on paper, or based on their stats when they played on other teams, but then they get here and just seem to forget how to play football.

You'll have a receiver that when picked up by the Lions (either from the draft or from another team) has been putting up great numbers, but then goes 1 for 10 over the season.  Lions release or trade the guy, another team picks him up, and he's turning in 7 for 10 or the like.

It's got to be at least partly an organizational thing, there almost has to be a miasma about the Lions that just causes anyone involved in it to lose some portion of their skills.

• Vikings will be hard to watch Thursday.

Which team will show up? Nothing scarier for a Vikings fan than a game they shouldn’t lose.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I'm a Browns fan... we've forgotten what a "game we shouldn't loose" is.

• Although the Browns have the same number of Super Bowl wins as the Vikings.

I think we hold a record for not being able to win the big one.

Sometimes being a record holder is not a good thing. Always like to see smaller market teams have a good season. The fans deserve it.

• Greg Edwards-268690 wrote:

Although the Browns have the same number of Super Bowl wins as the Vikings.

I think we hold a record for not being able to win the big one.

Sometimes being a record holder is not a good thing. Always like to see smaller market teams have a good season. The fans deserve it.

It could be worse than the Vikings. The Vikings and Bills are tied for most SuperBowl appearances without winning a single time, but the Bills did it 4 years in a row.

Also, the Browns haven't won a Superbowl, haven't played a Superbowl and haven't even hosted a Superbowl. That's just sad.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares wrote:

Also, the Browns … haven't even hosted a Superbowl. That's just sad.

London has been cited several times for possible Superbowl and the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium was lauded for playability and player amenities but does not meet any of the Superbowl criteria. :-/

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• David Burrows wrote:

Luis Cazares wrote:

London has been cited several times for possible Superbowl and the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium was lauded for playability and player amenities but does not meet any of the Superbowl criteria. :-/

There's been a few games played over here (not that I've seen any of them). I thought they were played at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium.

What "criteria" is it they aren't meeting? Guarantee of Sunny Skies? ??

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A wrote:

David Burrows wrote:

Luis Cazares wrote:

There's been a few games played over here (not that I've seen any of them). I thought they were played at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium.

What "criteria" is it they aren't meeting? Guarantee of Sunny Skies? ??

Here is an article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2014/06/09/super-bowl-2018-requirements-minnesota-vikings

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• London would be interesting. The SuperBowl is such an event and exepnsive. Likely not much more cost in London than LA for attendees.

Long as they don't change the time, which would be late UK time.

It's easy to complain about the Broncos, but I also appreciate we've had a lot of success until the last three years. I know plenty of ities haven't had a glimpse of what we have.

• Some of those are, um... unique "requirements". O.o

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

London would be interesting. The SuperBowl is such an event and exepnsive. Likely not much more cost in London than LA for attendees.

Long as they don't change the time, which would be late UK time.

It's easy to complain about the Broncos, but I also appreciate we've had a lot of success until the last three years. I know plenty of ities haven't had a glimpse of what we have.

I guess the Broncos have improved since they were acquired by Homer Simpson.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares wrote:

Also, the Browns haven't won a Superbowl, haven't played a Superbowl and haven't even hosted a Superbowl. That's just sad.

They did win the NFL championship for the 1964 season and lost in the championship for the 1965 season, the last 2 seasons before the Super Bowl of course!

Viewing 15 posts - 64,081 through 64,095 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply