Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis - Friday, February 15, 2019 4:16 AM

I guess it is my turn.

I received a call this morning (2019-02-15) at approximately 12:50 AM MDT from Springs Village where my dad was in rehab.  He passed away at approximately 12:30 AM.  I had hoped we would have had more time to prepare for this, but God had other plans.  I am actually happy that he passed quietly in his sleep and didn't linger or suffer.  He is now with his beloved wife and my mother.

It is a difficult time and I am actually at a loss right now know what I need to do.  I do know that I will be doing much of the heavy lifting over the next several days getting things started before my brother is able to get up here from San Antonia.  I think that is a blessing in disguise as I don't think he will be of much help as it is as the stress of this event is already triggering his headaches from the TBI he suffered years ago.  He will probably be under the influence of medications when he gets here.

Not sure how I will get through this either but I know I must.  The days to come will be tough, but I know God is with me.  Hebrews 13:5: Be content with such things as you have for he himself has said "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

I'm very sorry to hear that Lynn. You have my deepest sympathy.

Tom

• TomThomson - Monday, February 18, 2019 1:54 AM

I misread that as "my depressed sympathy."

There's too much of it about.  I offer my condolences to you both.

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• ThomasRushton - Monday, February 18, 2019 10:01 AM

TomThomson - Monday, February 18, 2019 1:54 AM

I misread that as "my depressed sympathy."

There's too much of it about.  I offer my condolences to you both.

What Thomas said.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    —Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• If anyone wants to nominate Redgate, you can do so for the Reader's Choice Awards: http://www.dbta.com/ReadersChoice/2019/

• Lynn Pettis - Friday, February 15, 2019 4:16 AM

I guess it is my turn.

I received a call this morning (2019-02-15) at approximately 12:50 AM MDT from Springs Village where my dad was in rehab.  He passed away at approximately 12:30 AM.  I had hoped we would have had more time to prepare for this, but God had other plans.  I am actually happy that he passed quietly in his sleep and didn't linger or suffer.  He is now with his beloved wife and my mother.

It is a difficult time and I am actually at a loss right now know what I need to do.  I do know that I will be doing much of the heavy lifting over the next several days getting things started before my brother is able to get up here from San Antonia.  I think that is a blessing in disguise as I don't think he will be of much help as it is as the stress of this event is already triggering his headaches from the TBI he suffered years ago.  He will probably be under the influence of medications when he gets here.

Not sure how I will get through this either but I know I must.  The days to come will be tough, but I know God is with me.  Hebrews 13:5: Be content with such things as you have for he himself has said "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Sorry to hear this.  You are in my prayers.

• Must be something in the air.  My Mom died Friday.  I've been ready for it for a couple of years and it's actually a blessing in disguise for the old gal... she was suffering pretty badly and her care took a seriously intense toll on my Brother and his wife (they did a remarkable job).

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden - Monday, February 25, 2019 12:16 PM

Must be something in the air.  My Mom died Friday.  I've been ready for it for a couple of years and it's actually a blessing in disguise for the old gal... she was suffering pretty badly and her care took a seriously intense toll on my Brother and his wife (they did a remarkable job).

Oh man.  I'm sorry.  Best wishes to you and the family.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

Must be something in the air.  My Mom died Friday.  I've been ready for it for a couple of years and it's actually a blessing in disguise for the old gal... she was suffering pretty badly and her care took a seriously intense toll on my Brother and his wife (they did a remarkable job).

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Thanks for the well wishes.  I'm OK.  Mom had a good run.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

Sorry, Jeff. My condolences

I'm sorry to hear that, Jeff. My condolences.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

So very sorry to hear this Jeff. I hope you and the family get through it all.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Sorry to hear that Jeff. Even when you know its coming it still hits you hard. My condolences to you and your family. 

Rodney.

My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

"I've been ready for a couple of years" - yes, I remember that feeling well, from when my mother died.  Remember to look after yourself.

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• Thanks, folks.  I really appreciate the condolences and well wishes.  You've gotta love this community.  You're all like a second family.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 15 posts - 63,121 through 63,135 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply