Are the posted questions getting worse?

• On twitter when someone adds you to a list - what does that mean?

• BLOB EATER (12/16/2016)

On twitter when someone adds you to a list - what does that mean?

I don't know but it's really irritating. The only way to remove yourself seems to be to block the list owner (then unblock them again if you like).

• Beatrix Kiddo (12/16/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/16/2016)

I don't know but it's really irritating. The only way to remove yourself seems to be to block the list owner (then unblock them again if you like).

I don't mind too much - probably because I don't know the meaning ? I am actually following some of them as most of the people doing the adding seem to be MVPs.

i.e. I post an #azure article - then I get added to an Azure list. Same for SQL.

Oh no.

Don't let anyone do that. It's horrible. Quick, go and change your password and your handle...

OK. Kidding. It's nothing. It means that someone is managing the accounts they follow by organizing them into lists. You can turn off the alerts that tell you you've been added. I actually like to see them so I know how I'm being categorized ('Prat' and 'Stupid Prat' seem to come up a lot).

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

i.e. I post an #azure article - then I get added to an Azure list. Same for SQL.

Oh! That seems reasonable. I get put in some... weird ones :-D.

• Grant Fritchey (12/16/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/16/2016)

Oh no.

Don't let anyone do that. It's horrible. Quick, go and change your password and your handle...

OK. Kidding. It's nothing. It means that someone is managing the accounts they follow by organizing them into lists. You can turn off the alerts that tell you you've been added. I actually like to see them so I know how I'm being categorized ('Prat' and 'Stupid Prat' seem to come up a lot).

Oh you nearly had me there. I wonder if I post about chef if I get categorised as Gordon Ramsey

• Grant Fritchey (12/16/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/16/2016)

Oh no.

Don'y you only get alerted if that list is public?

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

• ThomasRushton (12/16/2016)

Grant Fritchey (12/16/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/16/2016)

Oh no.

Do you mean if the list has been Yahoo'ed or gone Yahooooooo (10^9)?

😎

• ThomasRushton (12/16/2016)

Grant Fritchey (12/16/2016)

BLOB EATER (12/16/2016)

Oh no.

Not a clue. Makes sense though.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Beware the Twitter list. For it is a way of defining you and boxing you into a corner!

Actually, lists can be followed as a whole (I don't remember how) so people don't have to follow individuals to get the gist of what people generally tweet about.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Wow, today's spam includes a warning about BOOTY POP... dang, just as I was about to order cases of BOOTY POP for my family and friends for Christmas. After all, don't we all want "Ideal for Round and Booty Pop Tight Butt"?

• Grumpy DBA (12/16/2016)

Wow, today's spam includes a warning about BOOTY POP... dang, just as I was about to order cases of BOOTY POP for my family and friends for Christmas. After all, don't we all want "Ideal for Round and Booty Pop Tight Butt"?

Especially as it's recommended by Joseph Stalin. It must be good.

I have plenty of places to store the Booty Pop I've ordered, in my new cheap kitchen.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (12/16/2016)

Grumpy DBA (12/16/2016)

Wow, today's spam includes a warning about BOOTY POP... dang, just as I was about to order cases of BOOTY POP for my family and friends for Christmas. After all, don't we all want "Ideal for Round and Booty Pop Tight Butt"?

I have plenty of places to store the Booty Pop I've ordered, in my new cheap kitchen.

Just wondering if the usual 50 cl portion is enough?

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (12/16/2016)

Phil Parkin (12/16/2016)

Grumpy DBA (12/16/2016)

Just wondering if the usual 50 cl portion is enough?

😎

That's all you're ordering?

Dude, people are so gonna make fun of you.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (12/16/2016)

Beware the Twitter list. For it is a way of defining you and boxing you into a corner!

Actually, lists can be followed as a whole (I don't remember how) so people don't have to follow individuals to get the gist of what people generally tweet about.

Oh dear, I appear to have deleted it. So sorry. Do you want the spam restored so that you can get the details down for your orders? 😛

Thomas Rushton
    blog: https://thelonedba.wordpress.com

Viewing 15 posts - 56,911 through 56,925 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply