Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Gazareth (5/22/2015)

Jack Corbett (5/22/2015)

We do have white noise generators

Huh?

They kind of look like smoke detectors, usually installed in the ceiling tiles. They cover about a 5 x 5 area (I think) and generate white noise to cancel out the other noise.

They sorta work. and sorta not. Depends on where your desk is in relation to the generator and how the room is shaped, in my experience.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (5/22/2015)

Gazareth (5/22/2015)

Jack Corbett (5/22/2015)

Huh?

They kind of look like smoke detectors, usually installed in the ceiling tiles. They cover about a 5 x 5 area (I think) and generate white noise to cancel out the other noise.

They sorta work. and sorta not. Depends on where your desk is in relation to the generator and how the room is shaped, in my experience.

I got two slightly different "noise generators", one is 6 the other is 8 and they do work ALL THE TIME:-P

😎

• Brandie Tarvin (5/22/2015)

Gazareth (5/22/2015)

Jack Corbett (5/22/2015)

Huh?

As I get older, I've found that the ringing in my ears suffices. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Thanks for the feedback. Everyone is pretty much mirroring my opinion on it. I'm not surprised.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Especially the ringing in the ears, huh? 😀

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden (5/23/2015)

Especially the ringing in the ears, huh? 😀

ROFL

😎

• When I see that Joe Celko has posted a message I know that some level of entertainment will be attained:rolleyes:. I guess he crossed some boundary. It seems every single one of his posts have been deleted! I am guessing that if his posts are deleted, then he has probably been banned from posting to any of the forums here. (Don't know if this is a life time ban or if it has a time limit!) To bad. With his knowledge, he could have helped a lot of people here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    How to Post to get the most: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

• LinksUp (5/23/2015)

When I see that Joe Celko has posted a message I know that some level of entertainment will be attained:rolleyes:. I guess he crossed some boundary. It seems every single one of his posts have been deleted! I am guessing that if his posts are deleted, then he has probably been banned from posting to any of the forums here. (Don't know if this is a life time ban or if it has a time limit!) To bad. With his knowledge, he could have helped a lot of people here.

I guess this has also eliminated all the comments on his articles (although it hasn't eliminated the articles themselves).

Tom

• Would someone be interested on helping me to proofread an article that I'm planning to submit to SQLServerCentral? It's about while loops not being evil. 😀

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares (5/24/2015)

Would someone be interested on helping me to proofread an article that I'm planning to submit to SQLServerCentral? It's about while loops not being evil. 😀

I would be happy to that for you Luis.

😎

• LinksUp (5/23/2015)

When I see that Joe Celko has posted a message I know that some level of entertainment will be attained:rolleyes:. I guess he crossed some boundary. It seems every single one of his posts have been deleted! I am guessing that if his posts are deleted, then he has probably been banned from posting to any of the forums here. (Don't know if this is a life time ban or if it has a time limit!) To bad. With his knowledge, he could have helped a lot of people here.

Celko banned? Again?

History repeating...

-- Gianluca Sartori

• TomThomson (5/23/2015)

LinksUp (5/23/2015)

I guess this has also eliminated all the comments on his articles (although it hasn't eliminated the articles themselves).

If that's true, then I'm seriously disappointed. He's been horribly nasty to a great many people and his old posts should be allowed to continue as a testament as to his nasty attitude. Banning, on the other hand, I completely understand and whole heartedly support.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Luis Cazares (5/24/2015)

Would someone be interested on helping me to proofread an article that I'm planning to submit to SQLServerCentral? It's about while loops not being evil. 😀

I can do this

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Jeff Moden (5/25/2015)

TomThomson (5/23/2015)

LinksUp (5/23/2015)

If that's true, then I'm seriously disappointed. He's been horribly nasty to a great many people and his old posts should be allowed to continue as a testament as to his nasty attitude. Banning, on the other hand, I completely understand and whole heartedly support.

He has been banned, and unfortunately, posts deleted. The "Ban" button locks the account, but also deletes posts. I forgot that when I clicked it and it was too late then.

I may see if I can get something done on a restore to recover some of these.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/25/2015)

Jeff Moden (5/25/2015)

TomThomson (5/23/2015)

LinksUp (5/23/2015)

He has been banned, and unfortunately, posts deleted. The "Ban" button locks the account, but also deletes posts. I forgot that when I clicked it and it was too late then.

I may see if I can get something done on a restore to recover some of these.

Did he do something particular to deserve the ban? I mean, something different from the usual things?

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 15 posts - 48,601 through 48,615 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply