Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Stefan Krzywicki (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

Ed Wagner (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

Well, this is shaping up to be an interesting winter here in North America...

Not even the end of November, and already we've got here in Detroit, Michigan, about 1/2" of snow on the ground...

Usually it's raining around now...

Buffalo, New York has already gotten as much snow this week as they would get in a "normal" year (about 100 inches of snow) and there's more coming down...

Time to put my sporty car in the garage and buy one of these:

πŸ˜€

Make that two. I'd be happy to test drive one for the winter. Does it come with a "support staff" to man the back? I presume that's where we deal with metro Detroit drivers? πŸ˜€

Bah, I'd say let the dummies slide into the back, the worst that happens is they scrape some of the paint of the tail-gate...

πŸ˜€

It's especially tempting to consider one, when you can find them for under $10k, in working order, at surplus places...

And then you can enjoy the 2 MPG you'll get too!

It's a diesel, I'll just start going by fast food restaraunts in the dead of night with a 50 gallon drum and siphoning off the old fryer oil! Cheap fuel!

• jasona.work (11/19/2014)

Ed Wagner (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

Not even the end of November, and already we've got here in Detroit, Michigan, about 1/2" of snow on the ground...

Buffalo, New York has already gotten as much snow this week as they would get in a "normal" year (about 100 inches of snow) and there's more coming down...

πŸ˜€

Make that two. I'd be happy to test drive one for the winter. Does it come with a "support staff" to man the back? I presume that's where we deal with metro Detroit drivers? πŸ˜€

Bah, I'd say let the dummies slide into the back, the worst that happens is they scrape some of the paint of the tail-gate...

I was talking about the people to man the M60 in the back to deal with metro Detroit traffic. Do you take I-696? If so, you know exactly what I mean.

• Ed Wagner (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

Ed Wagner (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

πŸ˜€

I was talking about the people to man the M60 in the back to deal with metro Detroit traffic. Do you take I-696? If so, you know exactly what I mean.

Nah, 696 is manageable with AR15s...

Now, the Southfield, for the Southfield you need forward and rearward facing 120mm cannons...

πŸ˜€

Stefan Krzywicki (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

Ed Wagner (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

πŸ˜€

πŸ˜€

It's especially tempting to consider one, when you can find them for under $10k, in working order, at surplus places...

And then you can enjoy the 2 MPG you'll get too!

It's a diesel, I'll just start going by fast food restaraunts in the dead of night with a 50 gallon drum and siphoning off the old fryer oil! Cheap fuel!

That works! I know that BK kept their used fryer oil in a big container outside 27 years ago when I worked at one.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

πŸ˜€

This is the time of year we fetch the toys from the garage

😎

Ed Wagner (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

Ed Wagner (11/19/2014)

jasona.work (11/19/2014)

πŸ˜€

Nah, 696 is manageable with AR15s...

Now, the Southfield, for the Southfield you need forward and rearward facing 120mm cannons...

πŸ˜€

You're right about the Southfield. For 696, you have a lot of cars to move.

• I have been nominated for the "Author of the Year" award at MSSQLTips.com.

This means people have to vote for me (or other people, but preferable me):

http://www.mssqltips.com/MSSQLTipsAuthorVoting.asp

Note that you can cast one vote each day, per IP address. So you can vote on your mobile phone as well 😎

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (11/20/2014)

I have been nominated for the "Author of the Year" award at MSSQLTips.com.

Note that you can cast one vote each day, per IP address. So you can vote on your mobile phone as well 😎

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

Congrats Koen.

Now then, what's worth to me with 2 pcs at works, 4 at home along with ipad, kindle and smartphones? πŸ˜‰

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

You've got my vote! (and I will vote for Aaren Bertrand from my mobile ;-))

** Don't mistake the β€˜stupidity of the crowd’ for the β€˜wisdom of the group’! **
  • Stuart Davies (11/20/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (11/20/2014)

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

Congrats Koen.

Now then, what's worth to me with 2 pcs at works, 4 at home along with ipad, kindle and smartphones? πŸ˜‰

It gets even better, if you open up a new 'in private' session from your browser you can vote again and again and again and gain and ....... So if my vote is worth something, I can earn a lot!

** Don't mistake the β€˜stupidity of the crowd’ for the β€˜wisdom of the group’! **
  • Stuart Davies (11/20/2014)

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

Congrats Koen.

Depends if they have the same IP or not πŸ˜€ (or if they are hiding all behind a router/NAT/whatever with only one IP)

• HanShi (11/20/2014)

Stuart Davies (11/20/2014)

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

Congrats Koen.

It gets even better, if you open up a new 'in private' session from your browser you can vote again and again and again and gain and ....... So if my vote is worth something, I can earn a lot!

Yeah, it seems you can keep on voting. I guess they just do a count(distinct) grouped by day and IP address at the end πŸ˜€

• HanShi (11/20/2014)

Stuart Davies (11/20/2014)

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

Congrats Koen.

You mean there's something else you can use in private browsing for? Who knew....

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/17/2014)

Not sure what went wrong this weekend. The spam process should kill everything within an hour, so I've asked to track down what's going on.

Hi Steve,

Instead of deleting spam every hour, a better approach could be to scan a post before coming active on the thread. When a human is behind the spam (as you say) he/she could stop when seeing none of his posts are making it to the forum.

Thanks in advance! πŸ˜€

Congrats on your nomination, Koen. Well done.

Viewing 15 posts - 46,381 through 46,395 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply