Are the posted questions getting worse?

• TomThomson (8/25/2014)

Evil Kraig F (8/25/2014)

TomThomson (8/22/2014)

Haven't noticed him recently on SQLServerCentral, though :cool:.

Oh, he's been around a while. He stopped at one point. I'd hoped they'd shut his account off.

*sigh* What died recently and resurrected the creature from the pit? I'm too busy to start up another verbal Carpet Bombing against him everywhere he goes. Someone else's turn.

I had a try today; he was advocating using a hash function to allocate unique tags, believe it or not, instead of dense_trank (which worked fine) as well as objecting to "record" and to duplicate rows. And doing it in a fairly unpleasant manner (albeit far from down to his frequent standard).

It was amusing to see the person he was biting join in and put him down - told him Lynn was helpful and he wasn't.

My compliments on hitting him with his non-standard quote convention. 😛

• One of the PM's near me is having a meting at his desk. Explaining something to another person. They are almost replying with umhum with metronomic precision. It's gone past funny into grating very quickly. :w00t:

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

One of the PM's near me is having a meting at his desk. Explaining something to another person. They are almost replying with umhum with metronomic precision. It's gone past funny into grating very quickly. :w00t:

Rodders...

...umhum...

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (8/27/2014)

rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

One of the PM's near me is having a meting at his desk. Explaining something to another person. They are almost replying with umhum with metronomic precision. It's gone past funny into grating very quickly. :w00t:

Rodders...

...umhum...

Arh that brought back memories and a shudder!

• rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

jcrawf02 (8/27/2014)

rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

Rodders...

...umhum...

umhum... and why do you feel that way? Oops... times up. That'll be $100 please. Now, get off the couch! 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

Rodders...

5...4...3...2...1...Zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP0sqRMzkwo

• Jeff Moden (8/27/2014)

rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

jcrawf02 (8/27/2014)

rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

Rodders...

...umhum...

umhum... and why do you feel that way? Oops... times up. That'll be $100 please. Now, get off the couch! 😛

Guess in modern lingo that would be "get off the line/app/chat"

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (8/27/2014)

Jeff Moden (8/27/2014)

rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

jcrawf02 (8/27/2014)

rodjkidd (8/27/2014)

Rodders...

...umhum...

Guess in modern lingo that would be "get off the line/app/chat"

😎

or in this day and age, that would be concatenated to "get off the lap..."

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Anyone else feel uncomfortable answering this question?

• Lynn Pettis (8/27/2014)

Anyone else feel uncomfortable answering this question?

Not at all. I'd give a range for my company, rather than specifics, but no reason not to get an idea of salary. I'd qualify it with experience.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/27/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/27/2014)

Not at all. I'd give a range for my company, rather than specifics, but no reason not to get an idea of salary. I'd qualify it with experience.

Probably posted by someone who's either new or who's considering getting certified and wants concrete answers of how it'll impact their salary. The trouble is that there is no direct correlation that I know of, but I'm not MSCE certified. Certifiable? That's another discussion.

• Ed Wagner (8/27/2014)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/27/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/27/2014)

Probably posted by someone who's either new or who's considering getting certified and wants concrete answers of how it'll impact their salary. The trouble is that there is no direct correlation that I know of, but I'm not MSCE certified. Certifiable? That's another discussion.

Guess I am, not necessarily on SQL...:hehe:

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (8/27/2014)

Ed Wagner (8/27/2014)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/27/2014)

Lynn Pettis (8/27/2014)

Guess I am, not necessarily on SQL...:hehe:

😎

Yeah...you got the point exactly as I meant it. 😉 There are times...

• Does anyone have some funny sequence code to pitch in here?

😎

• Oh look, one of my pet peeves. Email validators

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 45,331 through 45,345 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply