Are the posted questions getting worse?

• SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

Ed Wagner (8/22/2014)

The bug that was afflicting the thread is fixed!!! Thanks very much, Steve. I, for one, have missed the water cooler. 😉 If you're so inclined, I'm interested in what the problem was, but completely understand if you don't want to make it public.

Thanks again for the fix and have a great weekend.

Yay.

I was mildly frustrated. I was trying to post on several questions and couldn't post anywhere. From the sounds of it, you were able to at least post?

It's also nice to see the Email subject issue was fixed overnight as well. Seems the two issues were possibly related.

The issue with not being able to post was frustrating, and even more so because it seemed to be a random issue. There were times I could post and times I couldn't.

• Koen Verbeeck (8/22/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

Ed Wagner (8/22/2014)

The bug that was afflicting the thread is fixed!!! Thanks very much, Steve. I, for one, have missed the water cooler. 😉 If you're so inclined, I'm interested in what the problem was, but completely understand if you don't want to make it public.

Yay.

I was mildly frustrated. I was trying to post on several questions and couldn't post anywhere. From the sounds of it, you were able to at least post?

It's also nice to see the Email subject issue was fixed overnight as well. Seems the two issues were possibly related.

And don't forget there was an avatar issue as well.

Which is also fixed by now 😀

Well since you mentioned it, I didn't even think of that. I noticed Toms was missing but figured that might have been just an internet glitch.

I did notice that the formatting on all threads had changed. The table border went from a light colored double blue line to a single bolded blue line.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Jack Corbett (8/22/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

Ed Wagner (8/22/2014)

Yay.

The issue with not being able to post was frustrating, and even more so because it seemed to be a random issue. There were times I could post and times I couldn't.

Same here. I could post in the majority of the threads where I tried, but not all of them. This thread was one where I couldn't post, but there were others with only a single post where I couldn't post either. It seemed to be consistent by topic. Selecting the topic from different links (email, main forum list, Last Post, Today's, etc.) didn't seem to impact the ability to post and neither did hitting Reply versus Quote.

• Jack Corbett (8/22/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

Ed Wagner (8/22/2014)

Yay.

Random would have been frustrating, but at least a post was able to be made here and there.

I know Steve was frustrated too. I can imagine tons of people reached out to him all day. I didn't even think of that when I pinged him last night.

Learn Extended Events

• In other news, what does everybody think of the Mythbusters news from last night?

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

In other news, what does everybody think of the Mythbusters news from last night?

I think it's a shame. I always enjoyed Tori, Kari, and Grant's segments more than Adam and Jamie's. Tori, Kari, and Grant are *cool* nerds whereas Adam and Jamie are, well, just nerds.

Jason Wolfkill

• SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

In other news, what does everybody think of the Mythbusters news from last night?

I hadn't heard, but now that I know... I'm bummed. They made the show really fun.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Finally, things are working. A debug item slipped through into production (apparently).

Let me know if things are still broken.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/22/2014)

Finally, things are working. A debug item slipped through into production (apparently).

Let me know if things are still broken.

Good deal. Thanks, Steve.

• Grant Fritchey (8/22/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

I hadn't heard, but now that I know... I'm bummed. They made the show really fun.

wolfkillj (8/22/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

I think it's a shame. I always enjoyed Tori, Kari, and Grant's segments more than Adam and Jamie's. Tori, Kari, and Grant are *cool* nerds whereas Adam and Jamie are, well, just nerds.

Yeah. They did the fun segments. Adam and Jaime seemed to do some lackluster stuff (like the airplane boarding bit last night).

It will be interesting to see where they land (imho - Discovery canned them over money).

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

Grant Fritchey (8/22/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

wolfkillj (8/22/2014)

SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

Yeah. They did the fun segments. Adam and Jaime seemed to do some lackluster stuff (like the airplane boarding bit last night).

It will be interesting to see where they land (imho - Discovery canned them over money).

It sounds like an interesting move. I'll be interested in the "new direction" they are going with the show and withhold judgement until I see what the show is like without the three amigos.

I don't watch the show all the time, but I do enjoy it and typically enjoy the three amigos segments as much as Adam and Jamie's segments.

• And Mr. Celko is back with his baseball bat. :Whistling:

In more than one thread. :Whistling:

• Lynn Pettis (8/22/2014)

And Mr. Celko is back with his baseball bat. :Whistling:

Hey, don't forget that it's an ANSI baseball bat that conforms to standard 802.11.BR549.4219-2R94000-6.1-11(B).

• Lynn Pettis (8/22/2014)

And Mr. Celko is back with his baseball bat. :Whistling:

Nice to see that you are having a friendly chat with your best pal:w00t:

😎

• SQLRNNR (8/22/2014)

That's a bummer.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 45,286 through 45,300 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply