Are the posted questions getting worse?

• mtillman-921105 (1/10/2012)

I guess I'm really the only nerd around here,

You and me apparently. We'll go be hopeless somewhere...

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (1/10/2012)

mtillman-921105 (1/10/2012)

I had to choose between the "This statement is false" t-shirt, the "2+2=5 for extremely large values of 2" shirt, and the "pi" shirt which has PI calculated out to 4493 digits used to spell "Pi" on the shirt.

You're not alone.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/10/2012)

GilaMonster (1/10/2012)

I had to choose between the "This statement is false" t-shirt, the "2+2=5 for extremely large values of 2" shirt, and the "pi" shirt which has PI calculated out to 4493 digits used to spell "Pi" on the shirt.

You're not alone.

Is it bad that my favorite T-Shirt has Mario trying to steal a Dalek's arm and looking at people funny if they don't get the joke?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/10/2012)

GilaMonster (1/10/2012)

You're not alone.

The surest sign of being a nerd is protestiong that you're not one; I keep on giving myself away like that.

The T-shirt I had in my late twenties had "2+2 may be 5 if one of the 2s ia an L-value", and I think it was designed as a protest against the untyped and untrackable pointers in C (I certainly wore it in that spirit, being an Algol 68 and safe references buff at the time). Maybe the one you mentioned was a later variant?

Tom

You two must be the only nerds, because I'm a Geek (with a capital G, no less. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Evil Kraig F (1/10/2012)

Is it bad that my favorite T-Shirt has Mario trying to steal a Dalek's arm and looking at people funny if they don't get the joke?

Oh, I want!!!!

Where did you find this shirt? (and, yes, people should get looked at strangely for not getting the joke.)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• WayneS (1/10/2012)

Roy Ernest (1/9/2012)

I see lots of comments regarding post counts... Does everybody have a target? I have never thought about it at all.

When I get time post some thing, Thats it. πŸ™‚

My only target regarding post counts is to have points > visits. No doing so well right now...

BTW, I like the hat in your picture Roy.

Thanks Wayne... I was trying to be a DON... πŸ˜€

-Roy

• Evil Kraig F (1/10/2012)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/10/2012)

GilaMonster (1/10/2012)

You're not alone.

Choose? Most Geeks and Nerds don't fully understand they are different in that respect.

Others can offer 'assistance'.

Although the PI shirt, and knowledge to know the precision of the visual, and the ability to verbalize it accurately to such aforementioned precision, whether you bought it or it was a gift, speaks volumes.

My wife gives me shirts like 'I'm not slacking, my code is compiling' on front, with sword fighting on back with the swivel office chairs part of the picture.

And my mom gets me things like a sweatsirt - 'when all else fails, manipulate the data'.

And I don't understand the dirty looks I get when I wear these to work.

So I still need help.

Back to the kitchen to bake some cookies with powdered water.

• Roy Ernest (1/11/2012)

WayneS (1/10/2012)

Roy Ernest (1/9/2012)

I see lots of comments regarding post counts... Does everybody have a target? I have never thought about it at all.

My only target regarding post counts is to have points > visits. No doing so well right now...

DON Johnson? πŸ˜€

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (1/11/2012)

Roy Ernest (1/11/2012)

WayneS (1/10/2012)

Roy Ernest (1/9/2012)

DON Johnson? πŸ˜€

Looks like the same hat to me.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (1/11/2012)

It is. I spent two hours with PhotoShop to put Roy's hat in Don's head. πŸ˜›

-- Gianluca Sartori

You are not alone. I'm definitely a nerd.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Stefan Krzywicki (1/11/2012)

GilaMonster (1/10/2012)

You are not alone. I'm definitely a nerd.

Not me. I'm really normal. I like football. Did you see that basket that Tebo scored during the scrum last night? See.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Gianluca Sartori (1/11/2012)

WayneS (1/11/2012)

It is. I spent two hours wit:-Ph PhotoShop to put Roy's hat in Don's head. πŸ˜›

And I was about to say that the Hat on my head is the cheaper version of the one in the Pic. πŸ™‚

-Roy

• πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

Ok, I had to Google "Mario Dalek" to figure out the joke. Do I get 1/2 credit for getting it once I saw the picture?

I'm galifraid I can't call myself a Whovian anymore. πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 33,541 through 33,555 (of 66,600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply