Stretch Database is a feature of SQL Server 2016 that allows you to store a portion of a table in the Azure SQL Database.
Here are a list of links that might help you learn more. Note that many of these are links to other sites and we cannot guarantee they still work. We also should note that some of these, especially Books Online, may change over time.
If you find broken links or think we should have more here, please leave a comment in the discussion for this article.
- Books Online - Stretch Database
- SQL Server 2016 CTP2: Stretch database feature part 1
- SQL Server 2016 - Stretch Database
- SQL Server Stretch DB (Channel 9 video)
- SQL Server 2016 Stretch Database
- SQL Server 2016 – Stretch Databases
- Getting Started with Stretch Database Functionality in SQL Server 2016 – Part 1
Continue learning more about SQL Server
View the index of features for the various versions.