Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 204 total)
On which version did you run your test? On SQL 2014 SP2 Dev. the query will only return one row (and I stumbled over a few scripts which failed, since...
God is real, unless declared integer.
May 8, 2017 at 2:31 am
Another question.
If I understood it correct, it has to read all segments / pages for the city column, when I execute a SELECT COUNT(*) from customers...
God is real, unless declared integer.
May 8, 2017 at 12:34 am
Thank you very much for the quick answer. I always wondered, how exactly SQL Server does this stuff and your article (plus the answer) makes it a lot more clear...
God is real, unless declared integer.
April 24, 2017 at 10:02 am
any idea, if (and if yes then how) small datatypes as TINYINT (= 1 byte) could be compressed in columnstored indexes?
Its clear, that I will save space...
God is real, unless declared integer.
April 24, 2017 at 8:21 am
You should use an INLINE TABLE VALUE fuction instead of a scalar function - this would save a lot of time when you import many datasets
CREATE...
God is real, unless declared integer.
April 13, 2017 at 4:10 am
Short remark: a FILLFACTOR = 90 on a Identity Column (= auto increment) in a read-only-table (at least no space-growing varchars) makes no sense and wastes 10 % space. Even...
God is real, unless declared integer.
April 5, 2017 at 1:48 am
oh, thanks (I usually use only the deep links in the newsletters and visit the SSC start page only very seldom ...
God is real, unless declared integer.
April 5, 2017 at 1:30 am
beside the "default" (at least before SQL 2016) Trace Flags 1117 / 1118 (Grow all Files in a FileGroup equally / prevent mixted extends) I'm using:
1222 (allows Deadlock monitoring),...
God is real, unless declared integer.
March 17, 2017 at 1:44 am
God is real, unless declared integer.
March 8, 2017 at 8:07 am
God is real, unless declared integer.
March 8, 2017 at 7:28 am
Nice to know, how to install / configure it, but I still do not know, if and how this will work, when a server crash and has to fail over...
God is real, unless declared integer.
March 8, 2017 at 1:24 am
Your code, where you select for definition like '%' + @ValueToFind + '%' is wrong, since it would return references to MyDB10 and MyDB1_test and dev_MyDB10 when @ValueToFind is 'MyDB1'. God is real, unless declared integer.
March 6, 2017 at 2:25 am
This is not true.
I just usedDBCC SHRINKFILE (N'mydb_log' , 0, TRUNCATEONLY)
on my 4 GB log file and it is now down to 10 MB (10...
God is real, unless declared integer.
February 8, 2017 at 12:46 am
God is real, unless declared integer.
January 27, 2017 at 6:26 am
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 204 total)