Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 196 through 204 (of 204 total)

  • RE: How Far Have You Traveled for a SQL Saturday?

    ~95 km; Bonn (Germany); once a year (in June)

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Partition elimination and variables

    You are right, if I declare the year column (and the partition function) with BIGINT instead of SMALLINT the implicit convertation will work and it scans only one partition

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: New Mobile Attack Vectors

    when I have to sent passwords per email, I try to include neither the username nor the app / site that uses the password and tell the person what it...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Using APPLY to make your queries DRYer

    Nice article, but

    - minus point for the usage of [dbo].[udfBuildISO8601Date] (UDFs are slow); there is a built in function DATEFROMPARTS() with the same syntax, that outputs a date. If necessary...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: The Last Order

    I'd say, that - depending on which index it uses and / which other sorts it has to do / when you are MERGE joining / going parallel / are...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Using LAST_VALUE

    ... Furthermore without the ROWS BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT ROW it would be slow because with the default RANGE-parameter it has to spill out to TempDB.

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Using LAST_VALUE

    @topic:

    - you should never use FIRST_VALUE without "ROWS BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT ROW", otherwise it will always spill out to TempDB -> slow

    - for this reason I prever to...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Partition elimination and variables

    Yes - it seems so. But please don't ask me, if this is a bug or intended behavior (I tend to bug or at least misbehavior, because MSSQL usually do...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

Viewing 8 posts - 196 through 204 (of 204 total)