Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)

  • RE: CREATE RULE

    Why is usefull stuff as this deprecated? Everyone is talking about normalisation, but I still have to write the same code in a CHECK CONSTRAINT again and again and again,...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Temporary tables and procedures

    Yes, a procedure RUNs and COMPILES with a separat scope / copy of the #temp table. But (as written) there seems to be a bug in the parser / syntax...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: SOS

    As long as 3rd party tools as SQL Prompt or SSMS Boost does not support SOS, it is unlikely, that I would use it regularly, except it implements all the...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: SQL Session Context

    Our database uses triggers on many databases. Some time ago, when the developers had to run a special INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, which should not trigger the trigger :-), the always disabled the...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Parse Data from a Field Containing Multiple Values using CROSS APPLY

    Nice article, but instead of using a slow multiline table value function, you should better use the well tested and fast inline table value function DelimitedSplit8K (except your...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Adding the average

    Short question: I admit, that I do not work with R, but why should anyone else really wants to do this "graphical" plotting in R, while there are much more...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Calculating the Tally

    How did you get your result?
    I used the following query and get other numbers:
    WITH myBeers (<see CTE in the question> )
    SELECT ISNULL(bt.OwedTo, bb.OwedBy) who, SUM(bt.Beer)...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: CosmosDB properties

    To be honest, I did not even understand the question and felt like a newbie...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: The Strange First Value

    I'd prefer to use
    FIRST_VALUE(pts) OVER (Partition by Team ORDER BY Year ROWS BETWEEN UNBOUNDED PRECEDING AND CURRENT ROW)
    since this performs better (does not spill to...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Independence Day

    I guess they needed the 29 days to remove those silly clause, that everybody needs a vacuum cleaner in the basement, which was added by me in my youth while...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Replace Bad Characters in Table

    I doubt, that this will be fast. It does not use an explicit cursor, but practically does the same (or something worser) with its while loop.

    If someone really...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Who can recycle the error log?

    Wouldn't the minimal privileges be the NTFS permissions to delete the ERRORLOG.? files? Sure - you can't replace / modify the current ERRORLOG file (SQL Server holds its tumbs on...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Listening and Taking Action

    I wonder, that the only connect item I found for a column based MIN/MAX (similar to Oracle's LEAST()/GREATEST()) got only 4 quotes since last year (https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback/Details/3085573).

    Maybe someone...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Round Natural Numbers to the nearest Power of 10

    Why do you not use the build in ROUND function?
    It takes three parameters:
    - the value
    - the rounding length (use negative numbers to round to a power...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

  • RE: Index_ID of the PK in In-Memory-Tables

    my apology for the confusion - I tested it only on SQL 2014 (since I was to lazy to set up a new 2016 server just for testing and did...

    God is real, unless declared integer.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)