Viewing 15 posts - 14,896 through 14,910 (of 39,920 total)
steven.girard (11/18/2011)
Technical person (mostly information sector): ETL Developer
Semi-technical (people in the business): BI Guy
Outside World: Programmer
If I have questions regarding whats a programmer, "I work...
November 18, 2011 at 8:45 am
Chad Crawford (11/17/2011)
Very happy - Passing...
November 17, 2011 at 3:33 pm
SQLDCH (11/17/2011)
Just three weeks left, lots can happen. I think the <artist formerly known as LOJ> is the only...
November 17, 2011 at 3:20 pm
First, is this SQL 2000?
Second, what do you mean a recovery state or recovery process? Any query could potentially block other work and make the server appear to be unresponsive.
If...
November 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm
Very cool talk, if you haven't seen it:
http://www.brentozar.com/archive/2011/11/how-stackoverflow-scales-sql-server-video/
November 16, 2011 at 10:02 am
Two things I can think of. And you might need to run a trace/profiler session as you run the MSI to check. Make sure you run the code from the...
November 16, 2011 at 10:01 am
You can connect multiple databases to the same branch in a VCS.
Suppose you create the SalesDB project/branch in VCS (Subversion/Git/etc). That is done outside of SQL Source Control, and potentially...
November 16, 2011 at 9:58 am
1) you don't put your sql server in subversion, or any VCS. You check in changes of the objects into the VCS. The benefits are that if you need to...
November 16, 2011 at 8:45 am
You want to select from the main table in your insert, so
SELECT ...
FROM tblSCR t
Then join that with the deleted table to look for previous status.
INNER JOIN deleted...
November 16, 2011 at 8:40 am
It sounds like something broke the connection in the install. I'd tend to agree that it's not rights if you use the same connection/credentials to run all the queries and...
November 16, 2011 at 8:33 am
Can you snapshot the mirror db and run checkdb there to see if the same errors occur?
November 15, 2011 at 1:51 pm
First, please debug the consistency errors, and potentially call MS bfore you run this. If it cannot fix linkages, it will drop pages and remove data. Not what you want...
November 15, 2011 at 11:34 am
So the date is stored as an offset, not as '2011-11-12'.
Is the date stored as Nov 12 or Dec 11? That's what matters. The display is separate, but if...
November 15, 2011 at 11:03 am
I do that sometimes, not necessarily 10 sec, but maybe 15, or something else. It's fraught with danger, and I do end up making mistakes, but I might be talking...
November 15, 2011 at 10:33 am
November 15, 2011 at 10:14 am
Viewing 15 posts - 14,896 through 14,910 (of 39,920 total)