Viewing 15 posts - 14,836 through 14,850 (of 39,919 total)
Let us know how this works. I think it should work fine for you on the file fragmentation of the MDF. It shouldn't change any internal fragmentation of tables inside...
December 2, 2011 at 8:47 am
GSquared (12/2/2011)
We were also attacked by Annonymous a while back, but when they failed to accomplish anything, they changed targets. I guess that counts too.
Good for you. A few...
December 2, 2011 at 7:08 am
You can try this: http://ask.sqlservercentral.com/questions/71956/getting-the-source-code-from-a-clr-assembly
The compiled code is stored in the system tables. Decompiling it can be tricky. .NET Reflector from Red Gate may help, or another decompiler, but it...
December 2, 2011 at 7:04 am
The idea from GSquared is nice, but it could be a problem as well if you don't document this and make sure alerts will not fire or someone will not...
December 1, 2011 at 12:27 pm
Not unless you had some type of monitoring or tracing in place. This isn't captured by default.
December 1, 2011 at 10:45 am
First, you mean SQL Server 2008 R2. SQL Server 2008 is a completely separate product. If you confuse this, you might find yourself in a lot of trouble.
I don't see...
December 1, 2011 at 10:42 am
Fundamental architeture. SQL Server has multiple database per instance, Oracle doesn't. Understanding some of the layout of the internals is helpful.
Backups - Make sure you have a solid grounding of...
December 1, 2011 at 10:34 am
I agree with Sean in terms of the GUID. If you have a good reason, use them, if not, use an identity.
If you're worried about data size in a column,...
December 1, 2011 at 10:32 am
First, why do you want to reduce the size? Is it too large based on the transactions that occur?
What's the log file size and what's the peak log backup size...
December 1, 2011 at 10:26 am
I like what Guras has done. You never know what jobs will change, and you might not want new jobs disabled. Or maybe you do, but if you want specific...
December 1, 2011 at 10:14 am
I was cursing a printer a couple years ago, maybe 5, and checking settings, looking for drivers, etc. After 30 min, my wife asked me if I'd checked the cable.
RS-232...
December 1, 2011 at 10:08 am
GSquared (12/1/2011)
December 1, 2011 at 10:06 am
I don't know of any free tools that do the monitoring that is like SQL Monitor. There are some that do some baselining and capturing of information on Codeplex, but...
November 30, 2011 at 5:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 14,836 through 14,850 (of 39,919 total)