Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 14,821 through 14,835 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Big blog changes. Not sure I love it, but it's a change.

    I wish the comments would pop a new window, but overall I think this is a good move.

  • RE: Not having TDE in all editions is stupid

    OCTom (12/5/2011)


    I think the stupid decision is to put senstitive information on mobile devices and media. That data needs to be siloed and protected

    You're missing the point. It's not all...

  • RE: No Overtime

    john.campbell-1020429 (12/5/2011)


    2.) Employers already pay a stiff administrative cost to comply with numerous "labor regulations". This money could be going to much more deserving recipients, me for example, instead...

  • RE: No Overtime

    SQLLearner1 (12/5/2011)


    Hi,

    I guess I don't fully understand, but maybe someone can help me out.

    **** This bill is aimed squarely at reducing pay for those people in the industry that make...

  • RE: Sql Server In Domain Controller

    I'd agree that a workgroup offers less exposure than a domain, in general. That's usually a size thing, however. Not sure a small workgroup is more secure than a small...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Ninja's_RGR'us (12/2/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/2/2011)


    SQL Server is better than Oracle

    Then why is your server hosted on Oracle?? :hehe:

    /walks away to better see the fireworks

    ?? Not sure what...

  • RE: Retrieving extra rows........

    We're not an Oracle site, but you might try a couple things.

    First examine the data in the "b" table and look at the results for the additional filter. My guess...

  • RE: Issue with file being send to ftp before fully zipped

    Make sure you test a file that's 10x or 50X what you expect. Data grows, and while :20 seems reasonable, not sure it hurts to test and be sure you...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    SQL Server is better than Oracle

  • RE: Sql Server In Domain Controller

    The DMZ is a semi-secure area on your network. It's a buffer to your main network.

    The typical configuration is:

    Firewall -> DMZ subnet -> Firewall/router -> main network

    Putting a SQL Server...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    SQLRNNR (12/2/2011)


    Stefan Krzywicki (12/2/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/2/2011)


    Don't be making me add IZ, haz, sertinz and a few more to the "bad words" list here.

    There's a "bad words" list?...

  • RE: Issue with file being send to ftp before fully zipped

    Add a waitfor delay? I know sometimes the zip procs seem to complete, but there's still some work in Explorer to rewrite the file and update the NTFS stuff.

  • RE: Exectuting jobs from a remote machine on the LAN

    You always execute jobs from the server. Even if you connect from your workstation using SSMS, you are "asking" SQL Server to run the job.

    If you want to run a...

  • RE: Sql Server In Domain Controller

    The DC shouldn't be a huge load. I assume you have other DCs on your domain, or a small domain that's not too active.

    Running anything on the SQL Server instance...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Don't be making me add IZ, haz, sertinz and a few more to the "bad words" list here.

Viewing 15 posts - 14,821 through 14,835 (of 39,919 total)