Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 14,806 through 14,820 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: SQL Saturday #104 - Colorado Springs

    Good catch, Carla. It was on the main page, but not in the article. I've added it, and I'll miss it as well :(, already have vacation scheduled that weekend...

  • RE: Layers of Security

    djackson 22568 (12/6/2011)


    Vendors still push for "sa" accounts for access and there is little I can do when I am told to implement a system with that poor of a...

  • RE: No Overtime

    sqlnyc (12/6/2011)


    Steve - I'm not sure where you're located, but here in NYC, some financial institutions implement what is known as a "professional day". In case this is foreign to...

  • RE: Encryption Key

    There is a lot more to encryption than creating a Database Master Key and a certificate. You, in general, don't want to encrypt data with a certificate or asymmetrical key...

  • RE: Set up production sql server

    I agree with Grant. Leave 2GB for the OS, then set the rest for SQL Server. You can also look at what SQL Server lists for the Target SQL Server...

  • RE: Help me with a code, please

    A couple of things. The month of payment, is that a date?

    Also, where does the beginning wage come from? Is that supplied by you?

    You don't have a SELECT that retrieves...

  • RE: delete .ldf files

    you cannot directly delete the log files. You need to empty them with log backups and ensure the one file you need is the active file.

    Also, make sure if you...

  • RE: High-level overview question - important SQL topics?

    Books Online is a good resource for getting started, as is this site. Use the searches to pick a topic and learn.

  • RE: Encryption Key

    SQL Server doesn't encrypt backups unless you have TDE enabled and then the key is auto-generated. You do need to back this up.

    The native SQL Server backup just uses passwords,...

  • RE: != is it the same is <> what is better to use?

    != seems easier to read to me, but I'm not sure it matters.

  • RE: No Overtime

    I've worked 40 hours for week in a number of jobs. Not every week, I had a few 50-60 hour weeks, and even had a few 100 hour weeks, but...

  • RE: Set up production sql server

    This is such a general question. There aren't necessarily a specific list of things to set/change on your server without getting into a huge document.

    Basic things:

    1. pick service accounts...

  • RE: Not having TDE in all editions is stupid

    Evil Kraig F (12/5/2011)


    For Express because of laptops? That seems a stretch to me.

    Does the inclusion/use of TDE on Express preclude or interfere with FDE? Not sure this is...

  • RE: Not having TDE in all editions is stupid

    Revenant (12/5/2011)


    Steve, I passed your suggestion to the SQLS QA team, with your name as the originator of the idea.

    I am told it will go through monthly triage on Thursday.

    Thanks....

  • RE: Not having TDE in all editions is stupid

    paul.knibbs (12/5/2011)


    I kind of disagree here. In the case of laptops, if there is any sensitive data on there at all--doesn't matter if this is in the form of SQL...

Viewing 15 posts - 14,806 through 14,820 (of 39,919 total)