Viewing 15 posts - 14,791 through 14,805 (of 39,919 total)
If you have experience with SQL Server, I think it makes sense. If not, I'd spend a year or so working with the product, gaining experience, and then using the...
December 6, 2011 at 10:53 am
Each candidate could submit a video, and they have a tweet and a short excerpt of why you should vote for them at the dbainspace.com site. You can click and...
December 6, 2011 at 10:52 am
Create your separate accounts in AD, then choose them in the setup screen. You need to create the accounts ahead of time.
December 6, 2011 at 10:49 am
If you need nulls or 0s in there, then you would add that logic, and replace the values in the SELECT with a NULL based on conditions.
You haven't spelled out...
December 6, 2011 at 10:48 am
Litespeed has commands from T-SQL or from a command prompt.
You can script something there, and it would be similar to a script that restores multiple normal SQL backups from multiple...
December 6, 2011 at 10:46 am
What do you mean without going through the console? Do you mean not logging on to the actual server? Or without using SSMS?
You can't run a command without a connection...
December 6, 2011 at 9:41 am
That's strange. If DBCC checks out, does the fourth file appear in sys.master_files?
I might call CSS as well.
December 6, 2011 at 9:36 am
I would only use this mode if I needed to ensure the database functioned under SQL 2000 rules. No other reason to use this.
Note that I would also test it...
December 6, 2011 at 8:40 am
Few choices.
1. Can you rename the table? You could leave it in the db and ignore it. NOTE: I would not recommend this.
2. Call MS CSS, spend the $500 or...
December 6, 2011 at 8:32 am
The note from Dev should be correct. However if you are worried, run another full now. If that full backup from 11/26 has issues, you might be stuck.
Extra full backups...
December 6, 2011 at 8:27 am
Cadavre (12/6/2011)
Can someone take over from me here please? I've had enough of trying to draw blood from a stone, maybe I'm phrasing things incorrectly?
give up.
Prolonging or repeating yourself...
December 6, 2011 at 8:20 am
george sibbald (12/6/2011)
I was first 🙂
You were, and I've chimed in with Gail.
December 6, 2011 at 8:18 am
A second vote for Gail's post. You need to determine the reason the log is growing. If it's replication, then you need to clear that or solve the issues before...
December 6, 2011 at 8:17 am
You check the maximum memory that the OS can see. If you don't know how to do that, search for it. It's a basic item to check, and if you...
December 6, 2011 at 8:14 am
Viewing 15 posts - 14,791 through 14,805 (of 39,919 total)