Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 14,776 through 14,790 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Not having TDE in all editions is stupid

    paul.knibbs (12/7/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/7/2011)


    I'm not sure I've made a great argument, but I've yet to hear a good reason why it's not in Express.

    You might not consider...

  • RE: Not having TDE in all editions is stupid

    Elliott Whitlow (12/7/2011)


    But TDE doesn't help with replication, it only protects data-at-rest and as long as the database server is up you have no visible encryption. So query the...

  • RE: Not having TDE in all editions is stupid

    Elliott Whitlow (12/7/2011)


    I am in partial agreement with TDE being on more versions, Standard sure, express, not convinced..

    Fair enough, but does it hurt to have it in Express? I'm not...

  • RE: Msg 2571 User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC freeproccache

    There won't be a message. You can try digging through the fn_my_permissions function to find this.

    Can you grant these rights to a new user, someone that you create for testing...

  • RE: T-sql html insert

    It's not the data in the column, it's the validation of the input when it's entered. If you use a proc, and a call to SQL Server that explicitly lists...

  • RE: Msg 2571 User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC freeproccache

    Is the user named guest? Or are they in the context of guest in a user database, and perhaps have lost permissions?

  • RE: freaky file problems after detach

    That's very interesting. It seems like a flaw in the security model, but that does make sense insofar as what was happening.

    I wonder if there is some hack/attach that someone...

  • RE: Logical File Appears After 2005 To 2008 R2 DB Restore

    Thanks for the update.

    Is there any way you can open a case with Quest and post back the results here? Might help some other people.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jeff Moden (12/7/2011)


    Revenant (12/6/2011)


    Jeff Moden (12/6/2011)


    To be honest, I didn't enter... didn't even try to answer a single question. They wanted a "tweet" from outer space and I refuse...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Koen Verbeeck (12/7/2011)


    Dev (12/7/2011)


    The only valid countries are USA (except a few states), Canada (except Quebec), UK (except North Ireland) and Australia. (maybe one or two others too)...

  • RE: No Overtime

    Tony Palmeri (12/6/2011)


    I dispute the notion that *all* laws (and all decisions) are arbitrary. Many perfectly good and just laws are made objectively by reference to a moral principle,...

  • RE: Sharing new things from other websites

    We have debated about allowing submissions for items, but never implemented it. There is some worry that we would end up with many suggestions, many of which would not be...

  • RE: No Overtime

    Tony Palmeri (12/6/2011)


    sqlnyc (12/6/2011)


    Everyone has a right to complain, whenever and about whatever they want - that's the very essence of free speech. Your opinion is welcomed here, as are...

  • RE: Connection Timeout with Named Pipes

    I, too, wonder why TCP/IP doesn't work. There are lots of companies that use this setup, running Express, connecting with TCP/IP and syncing at the office.

    You ought to be able...

  • RE: Mail Sent

    Are you sure the outgoing port is correct and your credentials are right? The various mail hosting companies can be strict about sending mail.

Viewing 15 posts - 14,776 through 14,790 (of 39,919 total)