Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 14,761 through 14,775 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Backup strategy for point in time recovery

    I tend to agree with Gilamonster's advice. The one thing I'd add about appending is that if something happens to the backup file, then you lose not only one, but...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    SQL Kiwi (12/10/2011)


    Dev (12/10/2011)


    Paul's Time Travel :Whistling: (see the attachment)

    Yes, I had an email today saying it would be republished on that date (no doubt you saw my...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Good for Pujols. I heard the Angels owner say they expected him to bring in about half a billion over the next ten years with revenue changes and promotions. Plus,...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (12/9/2011)


    Oh, it's not a thread. I didn't post on this. I just found it and put a dent in my desk the shape of my head.

    Brandie?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CplUqjQqTq0

  • RE: Replicating Database for read-only reporting access

    Transactional replication is the best way to do this. The regular disconnections required by Log Shipping are no end of frustration for end users.

    Keep in mind, however, that you need...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I whacked our movie channels to save $20/mo when we got Netflix streaming. A month later my wife was upset with me. Not enough of a selection for her on...

  • RE: The Employment Contract

    Evil Kraig F (12/9/2011)


    We might have a slightly different perspective on this since I once was a janitor. You want to pay me my contract rates to grab a...

  • RE: The Employment Contract

    IceDread (12/9/2011)


    Well.. I would probably had said no a year ago.

    This year however, my boss told me he was thinking about having me take over some share point tasks...

  • RE: Network Protocols

    bitbucket-25253 (12/8/2011)


    Steve - suprised at you for letting us off so easy at the end of the week - or was this a TGIF (Thank God Its Friday) to all...

  • RE: No Overtime

    Revenant (12/8/2011)


    I think I could make an argument that humans share some of what we call 'morals' with other species of mammals; for example, special consideration for mothers with babies....

  • RE: No Overtime

    Tony Palmeri (12/8/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/7/2011)


    (...) Fair argument, but moral principles are arbitrary. (...)

    Some of us don't think so.

    But that topic is *way*...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jack Corbett (12/8/2011)


    Brandie Tarvin (12/8/2011)


    So with this Redmond report about IT losing jobs this year, and possibly next year, how upbeat or pessimistic are you feeling about the industry?

    It's...

  • RE: How to bulk assign privilege to all sp to a specific role?

    I dislike global grants, so while Lowell's solution is the simplest, I prefer that you specifically grant to each sproc/function, as Anthony showed.

  • RE: Has SSC considered developing tests?

    We have, might do so again. Writing a test is hard. And it's fraught with hassles from people that complain.

    I kick around now and then, so we'll see.

  • RE: Not So Unbreakable

    I think that some delay in reports is good. If a severe flaw is found, it's absolutely possible that x, say 10, criminals know about it. Therefore we have 10...

Viewing 15 posts - 14,761 through 14,775 (of 39,919 total)