Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 14,746 through 14,760 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Denali needs Windows 6.0 minimum

    I would not expect that the client tools work on XP, but I'll try to test.

  • RE: VB script to delete old backups is NOT working in SQL Server 2008 R2

    Verify the path, if it's not working, include some MSGBOX lines in there, and see what values are being sent for the files and folders. It's basic debugging here for...

  • RE: REFRESH PRODUCTION DB to DEVELOPMESQNT

    I assume you are backing up your production database, correct? Just copy the latest full backup to the development server.

    If you are replacing the databases on the Dev server with...

  • RE: Problem securing a view

    database permissions do not cross database boundaries by default. You can enable this, but be aware of the security implications.

  • RE: DATA FILES -AUTOGROWTH

    The filegroups matter. If you have other files in the filegroups that contain the full files, then the other files will be receive data. SQL Server sends data to filegroups....

  • RE: Developer tools

    There is a free SQL Search tool from Red Gate that will integrate into SSMS and let you quickly search for objects.

    Disclosure: I work for Red Gate

  • RE: Developer tools

    Red Gate has the dependency tool that will allow you to find out what is linked to what.

    However if you are expecting to right click on an piece of code...

  • RE: Affinity mask VS Resource Governor

    I don't know a lot of people using Resource Governor, but they have been successful. It is a little more complicated to setup and understand, but it does do a...

  • RE: dynamic email report

    Run the query for the top 20 and then loop through it, running additional queries.

    In T-SQL, I'm not sure how easy this is. In SSIS, you can create a new...

  • RE: Is dynamic SQL the only route to SQL injection?

    If you use formal parameters, and you're not concatenating user input with code, then I think you are safe for the most part. I wouldn't say that you're completely safe,...

  • RE: Can't change email address

    Is there an error when you put it in? If you've registered with the new email already, or it's in the system, it won't change. The error message sometimes isn't...

  • RE: Delete Old Transaction Log files?

    I tend to follow Gail's advice. 2 Full backups + all logs.

    Going back more than a couple days is almost always impractical for any system. For auditing purposes, I'd rather...

  • RE: Restrict database access by date range?

    Job is the way to do this. You're scheduling something.

    However I'd make it fairly generic. Run it every day, enable/disable people based on a day of the month. Building...

  • RE: spliting the record based on SUBSTRING and FINDSTRING functions in ssis 2008

    First, please post in the appropriate forum. Moving to Integration Services since you mentioned a package.

    Second, please include the error. If you have an error, give the text. If you...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2011

    Doh! so close. Burress showing up at all might have helped.

    Congrats to my British competitor for the win.

Viewing 15 posts - 14,746 through 14,760 (of 39,919 total)