Viewing 15 posts - 11,386 through 11,400 (of 39,936 total)
No good links.
If you look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187798%28v=sql.100%29.aspx
and here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187798%28v=sql.110%29.aspx
you'll see length differences.
Same for Hashbytes in BOL. I'm surprised they didn't add this to the "What's New", but it's a...
February 26, 2014 at 11:23 am
GilaMonster (2/26/2014)
AAAHHHH!!!!! http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1545323.aspx
Yeah, we need better disclosure on the "repair" strategy being bad.
I wish this was a TF enabled item and not just something people can run
February 26, 2014 at 11:11 am
Certificate length increased, hashing algorithms improved. I don't think the Symmetric algorithms changed, and it looks like the asymmetric ones are the same.
February 26, 2014 at 11:08 am
In terms of testing, building some setup harnesses for FK data shouldn't be too hard. It's also reuseable work, so that doesn't seem to be a valid argument for anything...
February 26, 2014 at 11:01 am
USE msdb
GO
SELECT * FROM dbo.sysssispackages
That's where they are. To run them, or edit them, you'll need BIDS/SSDT
February 26, 2014 at 10:58 am
There is stronger encryption, but you can implement better algorithms using the CLR, so that might not be a reason.
Overall, I'm not sure there are compelling reasons outside of Audit,...
February 26, 2014 at 10:55 am
February 24, 2014 at 10:23 am
You can search for some scripts here, but you'd need a separate trigger for each table. The fields copied over would vary, so your trigger scripts need to account for...
February 24, 2014 at 10:23 am
If I have
LookupID LookupValue
====== =========
1 Red
2 ...
February 24, 2014 at 10:00 am
tmlink99 (2/23/2014)
February 24, 2014 at 9:45 am
rodjkidd (2/24/2014)
It was being hosted by one of my musical heroes - Fish, he...
February 24, 2014 at 9:22 am
I meant write code that looks for
count(lookup value) = count(*)
for a table. Also, look for items in your text fields like "<script language=js>"
We've seen both of these hacks here on...
February 24, 2014 at 9:12 am
I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean mark articles with a version?
The articles that mention newer code specifically tend to note the version. If the version has been...
February 24, 2014 at 9:11 am
yw, glad it's working.
February 21, 2014 at 11:11 am
Viewing 15 posts - 11,386 through 11,400 (of 39,936 total)