Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 11,401 through 11,415 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Corrupted Database

    try to bcp out the data from Alloy. If it doesn't work, try copying data out in ranges and see if you can get data before/after the corruption. Sometimes that...

  • RE: Backup strategy

    One more suggestion: think about writing a script, perhaps in Powershell, that will take all files in a folder and build the proper recovery scripts. That way you can point...

  • RE: Can't start MSSQLSERVER service. Can't find file specified

    Did you sqlservr.exe get moved? There should be something in error logs or the Event logs that an attempt was even made.

  • RE: Daisy chain SQL Jobs based on condition

    Sure, in a second step in job 1. Set to t-sql

    if SELECT DATEADD(s,-1,DATEADD(mm, DATEDIFF(m,0,GETDATE())+1,0)) = getdate()

    -- need some formatting conversion here.

    exec sp_startjob jobid=2

  • RE: Largest MS SQL Server Databases

    stormsentinelcammy (2/21/2014)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (2/21/2014)


    Not I. I'd pass on that job. I like my family and bed.

    You'd hope if you're working on instances that big that you'd be...

  • RE: Did This Work? - Forum Changes at SQLServerCentral

    We had a bug that allowed anyone to mark a post on pages >2 as a solution. I think we've fixed that, but if anyone finds posts that should not...

  • RE: MIgrating Data(Sharding)

    There's no way answer what you are asking in a few sentences or a post. Latency will depend on the load you're moving across links and the bandwidth. You need...

  • RE: WANT TO SYNC SQL 2008 r2 TABLES TO ORACLE 11G

    You can look at replication from SQL Server. You can move data that way to Oracle. Search Books Online.

    If you don't need it real time, or transaction by transaction, SSIS...

  • RE: Daisy chain SQL Jobs based on condition

    I'd put a new step in job one. Write logic in that step that only calls sp_Startjob for job 2 on the first of the month.

  • RE: Can't start MSSQLSERVER service. Can't find file specified

    In addition to the question above, have you checked the "errorlog" in the /log folder under SQL Server? That will likely clue you into which files are not available.

  • RE: The Remote Balance

    BigAl (2/20/2014)


    Steve: Thanks for the editorial! Amen! Disconnect every now and then! And I agree/have had similar experience as many of the posters here. I've always striven to live close...

  • RE: Row level security

    No.

    You can build this by implementing RBAC (google). Usually someone does a user/group/row implementation where you have a table of users. A table of groups that map rows, and linkages...

  • RE: Largest MS SQL Server Databases

    Not I. I'd pass on that job. I like my family and bed.

  • RE: Cannot drop orphan data file

    I suspect you've broken something and there is no easy fix. I'd look at migrating the data and schema to a new database, setup as you want things, and then...

  • RE: T-SQL Comparing Rates

    Claire,

    Please feel free to tackle it. If I don't hear something in about a month, I'll bump this topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 11,401 through 11,415 (of 39,936 total)