Viewing 15 posts - 11,296 through 11,310 (of 39,936 total)
Yes, Enterprise Edition only
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx#Scalability
March 29, 2014 at 6:50 am
Typically when you do this, you want to build a date for today. Keep in mind that 20140328 is 1200am, midnight last night. 11:59pm is the last part of the...
March 28, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Trace is easy. Start Profiler, pick the options you want and then save as a trace script file. Then execute that on the server to run trace.
March 28, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Not likely. If you are deleting data, the clustered index needs to reflect that.
March 28, 2014 at 11:29 am
Good luck and hope it works out well.
I managed some DB2 people years ago and I found it to be more work and more cumbersome than SQL Server, but a...
March 28, 2014 at 11:28 am
First, don't use NOLOCK. It's a poor practice.
Second, an index scan occurs when the query optimizer thinks that this is the fastest way to find data. Without an index that...
March 28, 2014 at 11:27 am
Apologies and hope things are working for you.
March 28, 2014 at 11:26 am
Are you trying to get everything not equal to today in terms of the date?
It's a little confusing what you're saying.
If today is 20140328 and I have this data:
ActiveFromDate
--------------------
20140301 14:45
20140327...
March 28, 2014 at 11:25 am
Jeff Moden (3/28/2014)
GilaMonster (3/28/2014)
Ed Wagner (3/28/2014)
Grant - You have booth babes??? :w00t:Grant *is* the booth 'babe' 🙂
Heh... especially on kilt day. 😀
You have six months, Santa

March 28, 2014 at 10:50 am
GilaMonster (3/28/2014)
Ed Wagner (3/28/2014)
Grant - You have booth babes??? :w00t:Grant *is* the booth 'babe' 🙂
What am I?
March 28, 2014 at 10:48 am
SQLRNNR (3/28/2014)
Would you call yourselves programmers or developers?
I have often heard that programmers are more like code monkeys and developers have higher skills.
semantics. They're both the same thing. Most of...
March 28, 2014 at 10:47 am
Joe Zonum (3/27/2014)
Don't forget outsourcing , automation, company merge as a possible reasons.
Fair points, but typically those are larger scale results that affect many people, not a single DBA....
March 27, 2014 at 4:45 pm
8GB is tough, but it depends on what you run. I have a VM that really needs 6-8GB to run well, so I went with a larger machine that got...
March 27, 2014 at 2:25 pm
quackhandle1975 (3/27/2014)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (3/26/2014)
I have a T430, 16GB, and it works well for me. Have 2-3 VMs working at a time.
Can I ask you what memory make/type...
March 27, 2014 at 11:10 am
For your Thur entertainment: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/dba-bundle/entrypage/about-the-dba-team?utm_source=ssc&utm_medium=displayad&utm_campaign=sqldbabundle&utm_term=steve_video
March 27, 2014 at 10:55 am
Viewing 15 posts - 11,296 through 11,310 (of 39,936 total)