Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 11,281 through 11,295 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (4/1/2014)


    Hey Steve (if you're listening), can I indirectly toss some flames into that WIT editorial comments?

    Skiing today, but enjoy.

    I decided I can't communicate with those two and I'll stay...

  • RE: Geeky Entertainment

    Just read "The Martian" by Andy Weir. Highly recommended

  • RE: Log file is filling up

    humbleDBA (4/1/2014)


    GilaMonster (4/1/2014)


    Steve isn't suggesting running the traces via the GUI. He's suggesting using the GUI to create a server-side trace script and then running that. It's easier than trying...

  • RE: X in Technology

    GoofyGuy (3/31/2014)


    I suppose we simply have different ways of looking at the issue, Steve, although I'm glad we both think action of some kind is needed.

    Another participant noted that delineating...

  • RE: X in Technology

    GilaMonster (3/31/2014)


    And some (I hope a very small minority) who are a little more extreme and vocal... http://www.destructoid.com/bioware-writer-s-vagina-versus-the-internet-222206.phtml

    I'd hope so, but regardless of their vocality, I think there are entirely...

  • RE: X in Technology

    djackson 22568 (3/31/2014)


    Special interest groups do not cause prejudiced people to wake up and realize they are wrong. They do cause non-prejudiced people outside the group to feel like...

  • RE: X in Technology

    skeleton567 (3/31/2014)


    Come on, Steve. You sound like the one who is 'impacted' this morning. Get over it. Don't try to twist my comments. What I pointed...

  • RE: X in Technology

    GoofyGuy (3/31/2014)


    ...

    I agree with you, Eric; but I also feel that lower-income individuals may not be as aware of these opportunities, nor realise whether/if they have a natural aptitude for...

  • RE: mobile app to check jobs on sql agent

    MyDoggieJessie (3/31/2014)


    Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager also offers this - http://www.idera.com/productssolutions/sqlserver/sqldiagnosticmanager

    (sorry Red Gate guys)

    No apology needed. A number of products do this.

    Disclosure (apologies for not including this above): I work for...

  • RE: X in Technology

    skeleton567 (3/31/2014)


    Pardon me, but it appears that we have fallen into exactly the situation here that I described. We're all talking about men/women, majority/minority, etc instead of what should...

  • RE: mobile app to check jobs on sql agent

    There are some apps like MyLittleAdmin - http://mylittleadmin.com/en/welcome.aspx

    However many of the monitoring tools, like SQLMonitor (http://mylittleadmin.com/en/welcome.aspx) run in web browsers and can be used from mobile devices.

  • RE: X in Technology

    SQLRNNR (3/31/2014)


    Eric M Russell (3/31/2014)


    If one of my daughters expressed a desire to pursue a career in technology, I would encourage her with no reservations.

    I would do the same....

  • RE: X in Technology

    Gary Varga (3/31/2014)


    I think that these groups are great as long as their long term task is to make their own existence redundant (even if we believe that this may...

  • RE: X in Technology

    skeleton567 (3/31/2014)


    Separate minority groups by definition tend to separate further instead of aiding acceptance. Especially in technology, get in there and prove your competency instead of emphasizing differences. ...

  • RE: corrupted mdf file

    betty_bakke (3/29/2014)


    Hello,

    Through a manual solution you can restore data from your corrupted .mdf database. It can be done by executing DBCC CHECKDB and DBCC DBREPAIR statements in MS SQL...

Viewing 15 posts - 11,281 through 11,295 (of 39,936 total)