Viewing 15 posts - 10,741 through 10,755 (of 39,936 total)
Iulian -207023 (9/12/2014)
ouch, why have a assumed the table Employees exist !? :Wow:
the question says AdventureWorks database, which has a HumanResources.Employee table.
September 12, 2014 at 3:54 pm
Sounds like something got frozen. I haven't seen this specifically, but 7 hours seems long. Is your IO subsystem slow? Can you copy 300GB in less time?
If so, I might...
September 11, 2014 at 1:54 pm
Off hand, no, but YMMV.
I assume the FTS reorganize/rebuild is like the regular index process, but I could be wrong here. I'll ask the question.
If it's the same, then...
September 11, 2014 at 10:06 am
Jim P. (9/11/2014)
September 11, 2014 at 9:53 am
I, too, get a free sub and I like Pluralsight. A great selection of stuff, and I can watch across multiple devices if I need to.
September 11, 2014 at 9:51 am
Explanation corrected. I've removed the part that says the data cannot be recovered.
September 11, 2014 at 9:49 am
I suspect it's an issue in the query that grabs the post and renders the form rather than the JS.
September 11, 2014 at 9:45 am
Miles Neale (9/11/2014)
September 11, 2014 at 9:45 am
Good luck, Rod, and hope something shakes loose.
The soft skills are important, but they won't be direct asks in many interviews. However the way you answer, interact with interviewers, even...
September 10, 2014 at 7:13 pm
I don't love the way you have schools and the year in there, but if you're not up for a big refactoring of the tables, then Sean's suggestion makes sense.
Please...
September 10, 2014 at 7:04 pm
WayneS (9/10/2014)
:ermm: And then I re-read Sean's original post... for some reason, I thought we were talking about Denver. I won't be in KC, but will be in Denver. Anyone...
September 10, 2014 at 7:03 pm
Extended stored procedures weren't used internally to implement functionality, but rather to extend the platform to do things that the didn't want to code.
The CLR is embedded in the internal...
September 10, 2014 at 11:15 am
Sorry, Type II Slowly Changing Dimension - http://www.1keydata.com/datawarehousing/slowly-changing-dimensions-type-2.html
It's kind of what you have, but not quite.
As Sean mentioned, you need to record time. Without time, it's not clear what happened...
September 10, 2014 at 10:54 am
WayneS (9/10/2014)
Sean Lange (9/9/2014)
September 10, 2014 at 10:30 am
I see people using int for dates in a dimensional modeling area. Makes some sense, and then you wouldn't have the lovely "my date doesn't fit in 7 char" issue.
September 10, 2014 at 10:30 am
Viewing 15 posts - 10,741 through 10,755 (of 39,936 total)