Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,546 through 10,560 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Have You Been Hacked?

    Megistal (10/30/2014)


    But I would take a chance and say "The price is not yet enough to enforce good practices". In others words, chance that something will not happen vs amount...

  • RE: Have You Been Hacked?

    Eric M Russell (10/30/2014)


    The impression I get is that most of these hacks targeting big retailers are actually not database penetrations. Malware gets installed on the Point Of Sale terminals,...

  • RE: CI and CD Aren't Magic

    Miles Neale (10/28/2014)


    ... I find it unacceptable to push and strive for mediocrity when much higher levels of excellence are attainable.

    M.

    And easily attainable. It often is just a bit...

  • RE: Stuck in a Rut

    Robert.Sterbal (10/29/2014)


    Steve,

    You mentioned the following things a bored DBA could do when stuck in a rut:

    Why learn Biml

    build an SSIS package

    write running totals

    find gaps in data stream

    replication

    DR

    HA

    tune...

  • RE: Question about database mirroring

    OK, confirmed with a few people that it was what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.

    Corruption can't be sent from primary to mirror. The log records are all that's sent,...

  • RE: Stuck in a Rut

    Steven.Howes (10/29/2014)


    You need a pic of yourself in this shirt Steve...

    [/url]

    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  • RE: Question about database mirroring

    Yes, I think so. I think it depends on the corruption and how it's handled.

    If you have a corrupt page in your primary, and there is a good page in...

  • RE: Stuck in a Rut

    Robert.Sterbal (10/29/2014)


    I didn't see any mention of baselining in your editorial.

    Not the topic I was discussing.

  • RE: Stuck in a Rut

    Steven.Howes (10/29/2014)


    I know people sometimes bash certifications, but this is a big part of why I do them. They're a nice concise way of looking at the features of...

  • RE: Stuck in a Rut

    hjp (10/29/2014)


    Nice post, Steve 🙂

    Tx

    ...

    There is basis for some good pondering here.. How to balance the companies' need for "scientists managing production systems" against the individual specialist's need for tuning...

  • RE: Stuck in a Rut

    CGSJohnson (10/29/2014)


    Excellent post, Steve!

    Thanks 😀

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2014

    Well, I have to say I'd have traded the FF win Monday with Murray for a Cowboys win.

    Still can't figure this out. Brady goes off, and he's benched. Saints finally...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Rooting for the Royals, and enjoyed hearing the 2nd (and 8th) innings on the radio.

  • RE: Question about database mirroring

    If the transaction can be written to the primary, then the same log change is sent to the mirror. If the corruption is in your SAN, but it accepts the...

Viewing 15 posts - 10,546 through 10,560 (of 39,936 total)