Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,531 through 10,545 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Readonly copy of parts of the database on another server for reporting purposes

    There's no magic here. You need to transfer the data. If you have large amounts of data in an mdf, then whether you use backup/restore, replication, SAN mirroring, etc, you...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2014

    Grr, I hate bye weeks

  • RE: Sa Password Recovery

    The only way to get an SA password if you don't have it is to have admin rights on the local hosts. Restart the SQL Server in single user mode...

  • RE: The Import Wizard

    TomThomson (11/6/2014)


    Good question.

    It raises an issue about the quality of this wizard: why on earth doesn't it read metadata for the target table and set lengths accordingly? It...

  • RE: The 2014 PASS Summit Report - Day 1

    Iwas Bornready (11/6/2014)


    I haven't been to one of these types of conferences in years. But what I recall it's like a Comic Con for IT people. Lots of panels, lots...

  • RE: The 2014 PASS Summit Report - Day 1

    Doctor Who 2 (11/6/2014)


    Hi Steve (or anyone else at the PASS conference), what you wrote suggested to me that people could see at least some of the presentations online. How...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    We made a few forum changes today. If you notice something, let us know.

  • RE: The Geek Costume

    Luis Cazares (10/31/2014)


    I could get a fancy hawaiian shirt, remove some hair and dress up as Steve Jones :hehe:

    Yay, and ouch. 😉

  • RE: Friday Shirts

    tabinsc (10/31/2014)


    There should have been a "NULL" option.

    ROFL, that would be good.

  • RE: The Geek Costume

    tmac3217 (10/31/2014)


    Last year I went as Sheldon Cooper from "The Big Bang Theory." My wife completed it by going as Amy Farrah Fowler.

    Nice!

  • RE: Friday Shirts

    paul.knibbs (10/31/2014)


    I confess I cheated: I found an animated GIF on your blog that had pictures of all the shirts in it, and counted the frames. 🙂

    That's what I did,...

  • RE: Have You Been Hacked?

    chrisn-585491 (10/30/2014)


    However, even 'more secure' operating systems such as Linux have exploitable vulnerabilities. We are engaged in a constant evolutionary 'predator/prey' race, in which there is no finish line.

    I...

  • RE: Have You Been Hacked?

    chrisn-585491 (10/30/2014)


    I'm not sure there is ample evidence here. Plenty of people use drugs that manage their finances and function at a high level in society.

    Says the guy that...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Congrats Giants, and though I wanted the Royals to win, that was some performance from Bumgarner.

    Quite the last second excitement, and though I hear people saying send the guy,...

  • RE: Have You Been Hacked?

    Robert.Sterbal (10/30/2014)


    While most illicit drug users are otherwise law abiding citizen's there is ample evidence that taking illegal drugs increase your risk of financial criminal activity since the dealers don't...

Viewing 15 posts - 10,531 through 10,545 (of 39,936 total)