Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,516 through 10,530 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Logical Query Processing order

    chgn01 (11/12/2014)


    Thank you for your input. I am agree with you. but... can we refer to this link?

    http://use-the-index-luke.com/sql/partial-results/top-n-queries

    I think "Order By" just do for "Top (n)" rows not...

  • RE: SA Password Recovery

    You cannot recover passwords. No modern, well designed software allows this. It is a big security hole.

  • RE: Backing up a production SQL Database

    Maintenance plans can work well for trimming older files as well. I like Ola's solution for backups. It works well.

  • RE: Hello Guys I'm New Here

    If I Google "SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition" the first link is a download from Microsoft. They have made it available.

    If you need developer editions, search for those, and...

  • RE: Logical Query Processing order

    points are awarded back. #1 changed to be different.

    Apologies. The interface for adding answers makes it hard to compare and it seemed like they were different in looking at things....

  • RE: Hello Guys I'm New Here

    To use the files for your development, you need the SQL Server service (from the dev site post). That means you need to install SQL Server. You can install any...

  • RE: Backing up a production SQL Database

    I'm with Perry. One of the things that causes problems with DR and restores is usually complexity that you struggle with under pressure. Or someone else misunderstands.

    I'd set backups with...

  • RE: Hello Guys I'm New Here

    First, I'm not sure if we have a language barrier, but it's hard to understand what you mean as you aren't writing clearly. Please be sure you check spelling and...

  • RE: SQL Backups Grown Due to Encryption

    I got it back from the proj mgr that we read unencrypted pages, then compress them, then encrypt the result (if you choose to do so).

  • RE: Query becoming slower when records are retrieved..how to make it faster

    As Jeff mentioned, the indexes matter. If you don't have good ones, then this can be problematic. Please include the DDL for indexes and the tables, with your sample data....

  • RE: SQL Backups Grown Due to Encryption

    I'm checking on the technical details of the Red Gate product to see. The issue is that it depends on how the VDI interface sends out pages, and where in...

  • RE: Updating Tables

    You'll have to provide more details on what these tables look like, including the DDL And PK/FK definitions.

    You connect tables, not databases, so I'm not sure how you are describing...

  • RE: Backup Keys

    Ed Wagner (11/10/2014)


    Good question. Whenever I create keys, I back up the SQL I use to create them. This way I know how to recreate it exactly the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Apologies. A few things on the SPAM:

    1. We had a hiccup in the spam process and it was disabled over the weekend. Hence many of you (and me) getting...

  • RE: The 2014 PASS Summit - Thursday

    Andrew..Peterson (11/10/2014)


    "There were more people looking to secure their systems, though a surprising number of people using TDE had never attempted a DR restore. Please, please, do this. Make sure...

Viewing 15 posts - 10,516 through 10,530 (of 39,936 total)