Fantasy Football 2014

• Lynn Pettis (11/18/2014)

I'm sorry, but there is something wrong with the standings when two teams with identical overall records has the team with a better divisional record ranked below the team with the worst divisional record based on total points for a team.

Uhhh... I am slightly confused by your wording here, but it doesn't take much to confuse me. I believe in this league though the first tie breaker after overall record is most points scored for the season if that clears anything up.

• roryp 96873 (11/18/2014)

Lynn Pettis (11/18/2014)

I'm sorry, but there is something wrong with the standings when two teams with identical overall records has the team with a better divisional record ranked below the team with the worst divisional record based on total points for a team.

Uhhh... I am slightly confused by your wording here, but it doesn't take much to confuse me. I believe in this league though the first tie breaker after overall record is most points scored for the season if that clears anything up.

Doesn't make sense, my division record is 2-1, the other is 0-3. If both teams have a 4-7 record the division record should be the next level of tie breaker. Last I checked that's how it actually works in the NFL.

• Lynn Pettis (11/18/2014)

roryp 96873 (11/18/2014)

Lynn Pettis (11/18/2014)

Doesn't make sense, my division record is 2-1, the other is 0-3. If both teams have a 4-7 record the division record should be the next level of tie breaker. Last I checked that's how it actually works in the NFL.

Ya, that's what I figured you were talking about and yes you are correct that is how division tie breakers work in the NFL. I think it is Yahoo's default to use the total season points for as the record tie breaker. We'd have to ask the commish here if there is a way to use division record as first tie breaker if that's what the people want.

• I probably didn't change any of the defaults when I set up the league. Division record makes more sense to me, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Six of the eight losses for SSC Steelers this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.

Well, I think it's safe to say that Dan's not rigging the schedule in his favor this year. 😉

• SQLDCH (11/18/2014)

I probably didn't change any of the defaults when I set up the league. Division record makes more sense to me, too.

Here's how I see it from across the water...

In the NFL, your defence is trying to prevent their offence from scoring, so the match result is a team effort and divisional results are a fair reflection of your performance.

In Fantasy NFL, you cannot control what your opponent does, so rather than set a tie break against match results (which could have gone against you through no fault of your own), they decide that in a tie break situation they will use overall points scored (which you can control) as the fairest way to do it. And before somebdoy says then why bother having matchups, hey, they gotta keep it interesting.

Just an opinion from far, far away. 😀

• I think I'm done. The last two bye weeks (With work and travel and home) have messed me up. Missed a lot of things.

Good luck to everyone else. Well offered bribes might net you a good trade. 😛

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/19/2014)

I think I'm done. The last two bye weeks (With work and travel and home) have messed me up. Missed a lot of things.

You had enough time to grab Mathews from the Eagles off waivers before I could last week though. 😛 Also take the bribes but don't tell anyone our trade deadline has passed this year.

• roryp 96873 (11/19/2014)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/19/2014)

I think I'm done. The last two bye weeks (With work and travel and home) have messed me up. Missed a lot of things.

You had enough time to grab Mathews from the Eagles off waivers before I could last week though. 😛 Also take the bribes but don't tell anyone our trade deadline has passed this year.

Tell me about it. I was going to grab Matthews, but you were ahead of me in the waiver priority. Damn you!

(And that goes for you too, Rory, for getting Jonas Gray before I did -- for the same reason!!!)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Unforatunately the mobile client flaked and I didn't get things updated correctly.

I guess I still have a small chance to make the playoffs, but not counting on anything.

• roryp 96873 (11/18/2014)

Six of the eight losses for SSC Steelers this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.

Well, I think it's safe to say that Dan's not rigging the schedule in his favor this year. 😉

I knew you guys were cheating!!!

I made a quick gander at the settings and couldn't find the tie breakers. It was a quick look though. It'll be on the list for next year.

• https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-football/SLN6447.html

I think that Yahoo just does tie breakers the way they do them. Might not be a way to change it.

• It's the last week of the regular season and the table is all but set for the playoffs.

The matchup of the week is:

Select * (6-6) vs Way0utWest Cowboys (5-7)

If Steve can pull off a victory and score enough points (and the NFLSoldiers do not win and score enough points), he gains the sixth and final spot in the money round. Mark wins and he's in. Will we have a playoff team gain entrance with a losing record??? RULE CHANGE!

As stated above, Robert can make things interesting with a win and lotsa points.

Happy Turkey Day to all. I hope you and yours are well and that you're thankful for all you've been given (and haven't been given!).

• SQLDCH (11/25/2014)

It's the last week of the regular season and the table is all but set for the playoffs.

If Steve can pull off a victory and score enough points (and the NFLSoldiers do not win and score enough points), he gains the sixth and final spot in the money round. Mark wins and he's in. Will we have a playoff team gain entrance with a losing record??? RULE CHANGE!

As stated above, Robert can make things interesting with a win and lotsa points.

Happy Turkey Day to all. I hope you and yours are well and that you're thankful for all you've been given (and haven't been given!).

Haha, we can call them the Saints or the Falcons of the league. Looks like Ray and myself have the first round byes locked up as well. I just need a big week to try and steal the top spot from him.

Same to everyone on the Happy Thanksgiving. Hopefully you all have a great place to enjoy the company of friends and family, along with a cold beverage and a tv to watch the games.

• SQLDCH (11/25/2014)

It's the last week of the regular season and the table is all but set for the playoffs.

Actually, If WayOutWest Cowboys (5 - 7) defeats Select * (6 - 6), he has to hope that the SQL Bolts (5 - 7) either lose to the Mexicanos (3 - 9) or if the SQL Bolts win that they don't score 1.76 points more than the WayOutWest Cowboys.

NFLSoldiers (4 - 8) are out of the hunt for the championship round.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply