Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,126 through 10,140 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: One user at a time...

    Deadlocks typically occur when you have two processes accessing data in different orders. It could be UPDATEs, but SELECTs could cause issues at times.

    However if you have different users accessing...

  • RE: Problem with a copy of db file on the desktop

    What's the specific message or problem? Ken might be on the right track here.

  • RE: PK v Unique Index

    That's what a user asked for.

    I think that there shouldn't be any difference between a PK and unique index, whether CI or NCI, but perhaps there's some misunderstanding out there....

  • RE: Where Do You End Up as a DBA?

    Miles Neale (2/20/2015)


    You gather information, get advice from those you see as wise, evaluate your skills, talents, and interests and set sail for the "island of your dreams". ...

  • RE: deploy SP to multiple database

    I'd use SQLCMD and run a .SQL file against multiple databases/instances.

    I like out of SQL Server processes for this, because I want to deploy easily, or push out, without being...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis (2/20/2015)


    How about this:

    Depart Dubai, UAE on 2/28/2015 @ 23:00 arrive Atlanta Intl, GA on 3/1/205 @ 6:10 AM. Flight time 16 hours 10 minutes.

    We're gonna be crossing....

  • RE: Talking baseball

    I think the pace needs work. I understand it can cause issues, but I tell you from a player's standpoint, I hate slow pitches, and from a fan's standpoint, it...

  • RE: Where Do You End Up as a DBA?

    Stephanie J Brown (2/20/2015)


    They end up on the "DBA TEAM". Or chasing them. 😀

    The DBA Team

  • RE: Your Tools

    Alvin Ramard (2/19/2015)


    This editorial came on an interesting day.

    A few hours ago I decided I need to get my hand on a cheaper option to Erwin or DB Artisan. ...

  • RE: Creating Striped Backups

    Linked at the bottom in the challenge.

    I'll make it more prominent.

  • RE: Your Tools

    Jeff Moden (2/19/2015)


    Case in point is the number of DBAs that I've interviewed in the last 3 years that didn't know how to do a native backup/restore or how to...

  • RE: Your Tools

    chris 31337 (2/19/2015)


    I've recently come around to this way of thinking myself and bought Sublime Text & Sublimerge, which I use as a general swiss army knife for general scripting...

  • RE: Your Tools

    Gary Varga (2/19/2015)


    Given that I have learnt to avoid using third party tools wherever possible and stick to what the majority of my clients use. This means that I don't...

  • RE: Creating Striped Backups

    Clive Strong (2/19/2015)


    I've only ever used this once. We had a client who wanted to move from our hosted platform to their own infrastructure. Rather than wait on...

  • RE: Creating Striped Backups

    iposner (2/19/2015)


    For IO constrained environments, striped backups come into their own when the backups are compressed: Since the compression process is inevitably single-threaded, increasing the number of striped backup files...

Viewing 15 posts - 10,126 through 10,140 (of 39,936 total)