Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,141 through 10,155 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: DBA Skills: Striped Backup Video

    Yikes. Thanks, Jeff. Not sure what happened, but rebuilt the video and uploaded. Should be better.

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Ray K (2/18/2015)


    Interesting article. ESPN ranked all 30 MLB teams. Here are the teams they ranked 6 through 1. They also have links so you can see...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    calvo (2/18/2015)


    Did you find a team?

    I did. An older guy that I thought had dropped out of the league came back (from cancer) and started a new team. I pinged...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Ray K (2/18/2015)


    calvo (2/18/2015)


    First spring training games are in just a couple weeks, what are you guys looking forward to this year?

    Quite honestly, just the simple crack of the bat,...

  • RE: How would you set up your server?

    I hate shared disks. SAN admins usually get upset at me because I want the underlying architecture. Sales reps aren't thrilled either that I complain when they put all the...

  • RE: Any Plans for a Stairway to SQL Server Analysis Services

    Actually, I got the first draft of the first article yesterday. I'll review this week, and depending on edits, I suspect we'll get the first one out in Mar. We...

  • RE: How would you set up your server?

    Michal-469362 (2/17/2015)


    Backups are being stored on a network drive, so they are not on the same server in case of complete meltdown.

    And this server will have a RAID10 setup, so...

  • RE: How would you set up your server?

    Grant Fritchey (2/17/2015)


    Not mentioned is the OS. If I only have two drives, the OS on one and everything else on the other.

    Any ref here? I don't worry too much...

  • RE: How would you set up your server?

    Adding to what Scott says, where do backups go?

    Personally I would do "A" with backups on the second drive, away from data. So, if I had for a database

    Drive 1...

  • RE: SQL Injection, Still?

    Eric M Russell (2/17/2015)


    But are most data breaches the result of SQL injection or even ad-hoc database access by outsiders?

    From what I've seen, most of these massive data breaches...

  • RE: SQL Injection, Still?

    Alvin Ramard (2/17/2015)


    It shouldn't be to hard to develop a function, or functions, on the application development side that test all SQL statements to prevent injection. Once that's done,...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Hope everyone had a great President's Day. We don't have the snow that Grant does, but we did get 8" or so in Winter Park.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    As a Cowboys/Yankees fan, I'm used to the teasing.

    No need to stop, anyone.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (2/17/2015)


    Anyone going to be at SQL Sat Vienna? It's the Saturday before SQLBits.

    Not I. Since I'll be in Europe until Mar 11, didn't want to extend 3 more...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    TomThomson (2/15/2015)


    But how much of the data does an individual DBA need to see? ...

    Very good points, Tom, and I mostly agree in principle. However in practice, the DBA...

Viewing 15 posts - 10,141 through 10,155 (of 39,936 total)