Viewing 15 posts - 9,916 through 9,930 (of 39,936 total)
Charles Kincaid (4/29/2015)
So many things here. Where to start?
Ah, Charles, glad you've got some stuff for me.
Steve, I thought that this was 29 days late (as I'm reading it)....
April 29, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Any chance you could share what you changed? Might help someone else.
Code would be nice if you can show it.
April 29, 2015 at 3:38 pm
jonathan.crawford (4/29/2015)
April 29, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Thanks for the update.
I hate triggers.
April 29, 2015 at 3:14 pm
Are these databases or instances? There's a big difference.
April 29, 2015 at 3:13 pm
That is really strange. Thanks for testing.
Along with the suggestion from mxy above, can you restore/attach on a third 2005Sp4 box?
Also, if you take a backup or create a small...
April 29, 2015 at 3:12 pm
I don't know if they can capture table row counts. I'm sure they have data size over time.
April 29, 2015 at 9:58 am
That's interesting. Haven't heard of PIT issues, but haven't tested. I do know the GC can lag, but worst case might not be an issue for you since it doesn't...
April 29, 2015 at 9:56 am
Not sure what you mean by local v others.
You need to be on the console, not on a different machine.
April 29, 2015 at 9:52 am
That is strange. I can't help but think that you have a version issue somewhere, or perhaps a weird network issue. You also say a 2008R2 server with 2005 installed....
April 29, 2015 at 9:49 am
Filestream will help. SHould allow you to manage the performance aspect of deletions better. Make sure you kill 8.3 naming in the folder.
This works on Standard, and the code...
April 29, 2015 at 9:42 am
+1 to what Sean said. That would be my guess.
April 29, 2015 at 9:32 am
My guess? There's a function call on the command with one of the string functions that's limited to 4000nvarchar/8000varchar. The command field in sysjobsteps is nvarchar(max), but I bet some...
April 29, 2015 at 9:28 am
licenses are administrative. No checking here, so just install on a new machine, use the license, and decommission the old one so that you don't get caught in a...
April 29, 2015 at 9:21 am
Viewing 15 posts - 9,916 through 9,930 (of 39,936 total)