Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,451 through 9,465 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: How many environments?

    David.Poole (8/14/2015)


    • Local Dev
    • Continuous Integration
    • Functional test
    • Non-functional test (stress testing, penetration and vulnerability testing etc)
    • User acceptance testing
    • Showcase and demonstration
    • Production
    • Disaster Recovery

    Wow, that's a lot, though I assume DR is automatically updated from production,...

  • RE: MDS Models

    MDS is a separate feature of SQL Server: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633763.aspx

    My mistake with values. I'll award points back.

  • RE: The Tally Table

    It's great that you love them, though I'd like to see you promote specific examples, not just sing the praises.

    It's helpful for people that don't understand tally tables to see...

  • RE: Business Pressures

    jckfla (8/13/2015)


    I do have to say though. I receive no spam at my work email after signing up for SQLServerCentral (and another site I found here where I attended...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I hate case sensitive collations. The vast majority of the time in working with data, I don't care that "acme" and "ACME" are different characters on disk. They're the same...

  • RE: Columnstore Indexes

    Apologies, my grammar miscue. I had thought the "only" in the other two answers would lean towards the reading being only the answers given and not others. As opposed to...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2015

    Just renewed. I think one was me.

    Ready to go!

  • RE: How to copy data from one table on remote server A to remote server B?

    If it's difficult to get connectivity, then Grant's solution can likely be scheduled in Windows. No need for SSMS.

    However I'd also be sure there's some process to check that it's...

  • RE: Inserting values in the database

    Ah, didn't think of replace. Certainly that can work if the domain of special characters is just the one character, and it never appears within the strings. If it could...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    WayneS (8/11/2015)


    Any other Threadizens going to the Louisville SQL Saturday next week?

    I am. See you there.

  • RE: How to copy data from one table on remote server A to remote server B?

    My apologies, I didn't see the B can't see A part.

    I'll agree with Jason on finding out why B can't see A. Can A see B? You could reverse my...

  • RE: Business Pressures

    GoofyGuy (8/12/2015)


    I do hope GitHub and many of the low cost services are able to transition and survive as they mature as businesses. Even if many of them can't continue...

  • RE: Business Pressures

    Thanks, appreciate the note that we're doing a good job.

  • RE: Amateur Data Analysis

    I think we're in close agreement here for the most part. In a business context or other organizational/decision recommendation context, I do think some knowledge is needed.

    My original piece was...

  • RE: Database Design

    I agree on normalizing. In other words, store each mark as a separate row.

    Student Mark

    --------- ------

    Bill 88.5

    Bill...

Viewing 15 posts - 9,451 through 9,465 (of 39,936 total)