Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,566 through 8,580 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: The Data Driven Event

    Good to see RC0 out. I saw the BOL page last week, but no download.

    We're getting close.

  • RE: The Data Driven Event

    Wayne West (3/8/2016)


    I saw the announcement of SQL Server on Linux yesterday on Ars Technica[/url]. Should be quite interesting. When they get the developers edition out I'll definitely...

  • RE: Full, Differential, and Log backups run at same time. Which runs first?

    I think that's true. Perhaps the full has priority for some reason.

    It shouldn't really matter. SQL Server tracks what has changed and what logs are needed to ensure that recovery...

  • RE: Full, Differential, and Log backups run at same time. Which runs first?

    Logs don't matter. They are independent of the fulls and diffs.

    In terms of scheduling them at the same time, not sure here. I would think that they would go based...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    $100/yr seems pricey to me, but I get that they're trying to provide the service. What I'd really like is a $2 game. I listen sporadically, and usually want to...

  • RE: Saving Time Through Automation

    cdesmarais 49673 (3/7/2016)


    The big win with automating installs is not time savings. That's gravy. The big win is repeatability/testability meaning fewer mistakes.

    There's a lot of truth here.

  • RE: How many peers?

    SQLRNNR (3/4/2016)


    Andy Warren (3/4/2016)


    Too many zeros!

    The referenced post about running out of bigints is interesting - a comment to that post suggests it's possible in some environments - I want...

  • RE: refresh only some tables in a database

    n.heyen (3/4/2016)


    To all who gave suggestions and arguments for and against, many thanks. I apologize for not responding quicker, I do really appreciate the time everyone gave me to provide...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    I agree. He was better last year. However I still think of the collapse against the Red Sox. I was sure he'd never get a ring, since he just doesn't...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Grumpy DBA (3/4/2016)


    ^ On the bright side (for you evil Yankees fans) A-Roid hit a homer in his first at-bat.

    I dislike A-Rod, as I've disliked Clemens and Boggs in years...

  • RE: The Tally Table

    Gary Varga (3/4/2016)


    I have still yet to come across a requirement that would benefit from the use of a tally table. I read up so much about it but that...

  • RE: How many peers?

    emiddlebrooks (3/4/2016)


    Why not start it at max negative and use the negative side as well? Then you would have almost twice as many...

    You could do that, and some do. I...

  • RE: How many peers?

    paul s-306273 (3/4/2016)


    Total guess, but got the point!

    Good. That was the intention

  • RE: How many peers?

    TimCarrett (3/4/2016)


    Ok so don't use windows calculator to try to calculate this. I can now see my mistake.

    Good question, poor calculator skills.

    I think I did that a few times writing...

Viewing 15 posts - 8,566 through 8,580 (of 39,922 total)