The Data Driven Event

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Data Driven Event

• I have no hope of making that. 6pm local time on the day my wife is in for knee surgery. Where was the call Redmond?

I'll look forward to the roundup that I am most likely to read here. Thanks in advance for that!!! 😀

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Hi,

I'm finding very exciting the announcement of support of SQL Server on Linux. I think it can provide a much needed respite in TCO for enterprises, since a lot of money is going to Windows licences right now.

Any comments?

• I saw the announcement of SQL Server on Linux yesterday on Ars Technica[/url]. Should be quite interesting. When they get the developers edition out I'll definitely download a *nix distro VM and check it out.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• I am looking forward to Thursday's event. I'm especially looking forward to SQL Server 2016's Always Encrypted functionality. That has the potential to being very useful in our environment, addressing some important needs. My only concern, related to tomorrow's online meeting, is whether or not I'll be able to watch/listen to it later. I'm sure I'll get interrupted, so would like to catch what I miss at a later time.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• I'm glad to hear that SQL Server 2016 will now support non-clustered indexes, primary keys, and foreign keys on Clustered ColumnStore tables.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• According to Brent Ozar, RC0 is out[/url].

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (3/8/2016)

According to Brent Ozar, RC0 is out[/url].

yea, looks like RC0 was released yesterday (March 7th, 2016).

here is the link for the RC0:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-sql-server-2016

The more you are prepared, the less you need it.

• Wayne West (3/8/2016)

I saw the announcement of SQL Server on Linux yesterday on Ars Technica[/url]. Should be quite interesting. When they get the developers edition out I'll definitely download a *nix distro VM and check it out.

I'm tempted at some point, but I think I'll let them work out the bugs.

I used to keep an Ubuntu VM around. Might need to resurrect it.

• Good to see RC0 out. I saw the BOL page last week, but no download.

We're getting close.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (3/8/2016)

I used to keep an Ubuntu VM around. Might need to resurrect it.

I use an Ubuntu VM (and CentOS) to do internet browsing, and to keep an understanding of Linux

The more you are prepared, the less you need it.

• Argggh, I'm falling so far behind.

• The new Live Query Statistics feature (available when using SSMS 2016 with MSSQL 2014/2016) looks like it will be a game changer. How many times have you been watching a query run for half an hour while pondering whether or not to abort it?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn831878.aspx

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Gary Varga (3/8/2016)

I have no hope of making that. 6pm local time on the day my wife is in for knee surgery. Where was the call Redmond?

I'll look forward to the roundup that I am most likely to read here. Thanks in advance for that!!! 😀

It was recorded from New York.

Or go to the site and watch the recorded event, along with the technical videos they have there.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Eric M Russell (3/15/2016)

The new Live Query Statistics feature (available when using SSMS 2016 with MSSQL 2014/2016) looks like it will be a game changer. How many times have you been watching a query run for half an hour while pondering whether or not to abort it?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn831878.aspx

That would be great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply