Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 8,311 through 8,325 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Who's going to SQL Bits in Liverpool?

    BWFC (4/26/2016)


    I'm now unregistered as yesterday I was officially invited to spend my Saturday afternoon with an army of four-year-olds on a sugar-rush. Although looking at pictures of SQLBits...

  • RE: Sum with Isnull

    Phil Parkin (4/26/2016)


    As a general rule, it's better to put IsNulls inside Sums rather than outside. This avoids the warning message about NULL values being eliminated:

    Select Sum(IsNull([Col],0))

    +1. Agree with Phil.

  • RE: SQL Server monitoring tools

    I'm mostly with Grant (same employeR), but I'd put the MS tool lower. PErhaps I'm wrong as I haven't used it in awhile, but it's more setup hassle, and admin...

  • RE: db_backupoperator can't back up database

    Log

    user_name()

    suser_sname()

    etc. (there are a few more)

    into a table before the app runs the command (and the command). Check there isn't any impersonation.

    If you execute as user = 'login', can...

  • RE: @TrumpDBA!

    I love @trumpdba. Follow him/her on Twitter for laughs.

  • RE: SQL -> Excel

    Email the article(s), and feel free to focus separate pieces on a smaller part.

    The problem isn't with your machine. Probably in the chair in front of it.

  • RE: Storing encypted SSN's

    Always Encrypted works well, but you need a good mechanism for distributing certificates to each client. You can use a GPO or AD scripting, but be aware, if you have...

  • RE: Tempdb Setup in SQL Server 2016

    TomThomson (4/26/2016)


    Nice question. Just one small problem.

    Either the answer is wrong or the question is badly worded. The question asks how many files, but the answer tells us...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Ray K (4/25/2016)


    Not to mention (that same night) Jacoby Ellsbury's straight steal of home!

    That's always cool. I've seen 3 home steals on team's I've played with as an adult, two...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Ray K (4/25/2016)


    How about that crazy triple play that the White Sox pulled off the other day???

    Baseball is a funny game!

    That was crazy.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    SQLRNNR (4/25/2016)


    David Burrows (4/25/2016)


    Ed Wagner (4/25/2016)


    Another good one is to say that someone's "out to lunch". Well, I've taken that a step further and say that someone's "so out...

  • RE: A Call for Articles

    jeffrey yao (4/25/2016)


    I would "shamelessly" (due to a bit of interest conflict as an SSC author before) suggest that SSC needs to greatly increase the payment for published articles. At...

  • RE: A Call for Articles

    jevitts (4/25/2016)


    I second the request for more articles on indexing! As junior-ish DBA to a new company (and the only real DBA), I had to evaluate various performance bottlenecks fairly...

  • RE: Mail Qued

    Add a log to a table step, and see if that runs when SQL Agent starts.

  • RE: SQL Server 2008 reboot on attempted password change

    Never seen this.

    Can you disable sa and see what that does?

Viewing 15 posts - 8,311 through 8,325 (of 39,922 total)