Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 27,376 through 27,390 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: What do you think about four days workweek?

    Ah, I haven't done 4 days a week at home. I work 7 days a week, probably 50-51 weeks a year now. Probably too much if you ask my wife.

    I...

  • RE: Un-Wired

    Good to hear some of you getting away. And nice one, blandry. We went on a couple vacations and the kids struggled without the xbox/ipod for a day, then they...

  • RE: Database Design Question

    What's the volume of activity? I'd lean towards storing a balance for a couple reasons

    - space is cheap

    - Unless this is a really busy app, the calculations shouldn't impact performance.

    -...

  • RE: how can a simple join be so mysterious

    Doh! Eyes getting old. Can't believe I missed that.

  • RE: Disk Defrag Does Nothing?

    It is possible that there wasn't sufficient free space to make a big difference in the fragmentation, or that the SAN somehow interferes.

    Which product did you use? The built in...

  • RE: Best Practice for backups - include master, model, etc. db's?

    Good advice above. Best reason to do system dbs? The server crashes and you need to restore elsewhere. You need master and potentially msdb to do this.

    If you do that,...

  • RE: how can a simple join be so mysterious

    Wow, no idea what would be wrong. I've never seen the order of tables matter, and I'm not sure why you get different results.

    Are these in the same SSMS window?...

  • RE: The August 2008 Energy Update

    Randy,

    Thanks for the links and I'll check them out!

  • RE: The August 2008 Energy Update

    good point and I don't disagree that nuclear has dangers. However chernobyl was amazingly poorly handled. Bad design, things switched off, it's incredible they didn't have more accidents.

    I don't think...

  • RE: Help me in tuninf this script

    I have edited your post because it was too long and causing issues. I found > 67kb worth of a stored procedure.

    No one is going to tune something that long....

  • RE: The August 2008 Energy Update

    Chris,

    not saying you're completely wrong, but you're quoting journalists, who may or may not be correct. This whole thing is an opinion.

    Loan guarantees are made all the time, on all...

  • RE: PASS summit 2008

    Thanks for a great summary!

  • RE: The August 2008 Energy Update

    Chris,

    not saying you're completely wrong, but you're quoting journalists, who may or may not be correct. This whole thing is an opinion.

    Loan guarantees are made all the time, on all...

  • RE: SQL Server 2005 SP3

    SP3 is being worked on, no dates yet, but the last guidance in June or July was that it would be out before 12/31/08

  • RE: Paging in Reporting Services 2000

    Please post in the appropriate forum. the names are at the top.

    Moved to Report Development.

Viewing 15 posts - 27,376 through 27,390 (of 39,922 total)