Viewing 15 posts - 27,361 through 27,375 (of 39,922 total)
If you get something to work, I'd be interested to see what happened here.
And good luck
August 31, 2008 at 9:35 am
You should probably read the security sections in Books Online to understand this. Not to beat on you, and I know you just want to get something working, but not...
August 31, 2008 at 9:35 am
You can also see the code in the master database. I thought that 'domain\user' would work, but perhaps it's user in the database and not login.
August 31, 2008 at 9:29 am
You can always call Microsoft PSS and perhaps they can help you with getting some data, but we can't do anything with had header files.
August 31, 2008 at 9:25 am
And please make an attempt to do the work. This almost sounds like a homework or exam question.
Hint: Use UPDATE for the SQL side.
August 31, 2008 at 9:24 am
I haven't seen this before. My guess is that you didn't complete something on the first instance that was installed. Did you install any hotfixes or patches on that first...
August 31, 2008 at 9:23 am
The paths from EM are paths that the SQL Server service account sees, not what your account sees. Don't forget this is a server service, it is not running under...
August 31, 2008 at 9:18 am
It sounds like a tool corruption issue or perhaps memory on the workstation. Are you opening SSMS from the console or your workstation?
August 31, 2008 at 9:14 am
I have used MOM briefly and What's Up Gold, but not Idera. You can download an eval and give it a try. See what you think. Most of these package...
August 30, 2008 at 9:08 am
Has the key been copied to the other database?
August 30, 2008 at 9:07 am
As Paul mentioned, if the headers are corrupted, there is no way to attach it. They saying goes:
Good resume
Good backup
You only need one.
August 30, 2008 at 9:06 am
You can check sp_who2 to look for blocking, check the CPU as another query might be taking up resources. If the server was recently restarted, the first query can be...
August 30, 2008 at 9:05 am
The reason that everyone recommends backing up locally is that the backup process is similar to UDP on the network. It is optimized for speed and sends pages out as...
August 30, 2008 at 9:04 am
SQL Server is a server service, not a program like Access. It needs to be running for a client to connect. For both your questions, you really need to look...
August 30, 2008 at 8:59 am
I guess I meant it's harder to say I worked 10 hours at home and took Friday off instead of 8 hours. It's more that you just have to get...
August 29, 2008 at 10:05 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,361 through 27,375 (of 39,922 total)