Viewing 15 posts - 27,391 through 27,405 (of 39,922 total)
I've worked David's schedule, which is nice, every other Friday off, half staff each week.
I've worked 4 10s and those 10 hour days can be long, however it depends...
August 28, 2008 at 10:26 am
You can set performance counter alerts in Alerts to let you know things, but be careful. The CPU will jump to 100% often on a busy server, and that doesn't...
August 28, 2008 at 10:23 am
I've used views in both ways, though typically we've named them vXX, so that we know they're views. If you use one, you have to understand what's underneath. Typically I...
August 28, 2008 at 10:21 am
It's a self join. You may need information from two rows.
A simple example is an employee table that has a manager column. The manager column references the ID of another...
August 28, 2008 at 10:18 am
August 28, 2008 at 10:17 am
Is this a char field? Can you use Substring to build something up?
August 28, 2008 at 10:17 am
I've got some land I can sell you as well.
Caveat Emptor
August 28, 2008 at 10:16 am
dgreatho, great points about us not knowing what to do. I think that's a problem, and don't know where we can go with that. Who should decide? Business wants to...
August 28, 2008 at 10:15 am
What do you mean by history? What information are you looking for? If it's code history, you should be using a version control system, and I know SQLCompare can compare...
August 28, 2008 at 8:39 am
First you should use @@scope_identity for the value.
A trigger will get this if you need it always done. If not, moving to GUIDs allows you to generate things in advance.
August 28, 2008 at 8:38 am
Are they not separate steps in the job?
August 28, 2008 at 8:37 am
:), the Prius update is next month. Alternate energy and cars each month. 520miles on the last tank, trying to beat that with this one, around 52mpg with my son...
August 28, 2008 at 7:42 am
Good comments and it's definitely a balance. I've heard issues about our grid, which I do think are legitimate. The idea of storing power in a movable form, perhaps fuel...
August 28, 2008 at 6:59 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,391 through 27,405 (of 39,922 total)