Viewing 15 posts - 27,271 through 27,285 (of 39,922 total)
September 9, 2008 at 9:55 pm
what does the error log show for listeners?
what about netstat -a?
September 9, 2008 at 9:52 pm
Run a trace. There must be some shrink command being run.
September 9, 2008 at 9:45 pm
Is there a listener on #1? Check the error log, be sure that it's listening for remote connections. It could be set to only local connections.
September 9, 2008 at 9:40 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure that I'll eliminate them since it adds a lot to the processing time (can't let it run) and many people seem to like...
September 9, 2008 at 9:34 pm
Are you capturing suser_sname() as well?
If you have permissions denied, there shouldn't be a way they can update the column. I bet you have some strange permissions mismatch.
Can you check...
September 9, 2008 at 9:31 pm
1. Yes, less resources available.
2. Depends, SErver is better suited to server resource management. for one user, probably not.
3. You change this to match needs, there is no better. If...
September 9, 2008 at 9:30 pm
Use CAST to convert data types.
September 9, 2008 at 9:25 pm
Not sure about that algorithm, but one way hashes seem to work well. Just be careful that someone can't copy the hash and submit that in your application. Only plaintext...
September 9, 2008 at 9:24 pm
Most people I know don't really like VSS. SourceGear, SVN, PVCS, etc, are better systems.
If you need to use SourceSafe, I'd start here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb509342(VS.80).aspx
September 9, 2008 at 9:21 pm
Read Books Online for information on this
http://m.podshow.com/media/15351/episodes/125321/sqlservercentral-125321-09-09-2008.mp4
September 9, 2008 at 9:20 pm
If you restored without using the NORECOVERY option, there's nothing you can do. You brought the database out of standby and log shipping can't restart. I'd delete it and run...
September 9, 2008 at 9:19 pm
yes, principals and mirrors are database level, not server level.
September 9, 2008 at 9:16 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 27,271 through 27,285 (of 39,922 total)