Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 27,256 through 27,270 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Backing SQL DB

    Is there a restore operation occurring? It could be in STANDBY, which would allow read connections to it. You would need to remove those connections. Either tell people to disconnect...

  • RE: Problem with PM feature on Site

    I think it's a transient error. I know I got notified of a PM yesterday in email.

    You can delete PMs, so the link isn't guaranteed to work. You can click...

  • RE: SQL Trace

    Jim

    Agree with you there. I was surprised to learn this, but I also wouldn't want my instance stopping because of tracing. The data is lost, perhaps there should be some...

  • RE: Soft Skills

    An out-loud chuckle was heard in the office this morning. Very nice story!

  • RE: mirror

    You don't need separate endpoints.

    For the witness, it can be anything, including a desktop running Express. No reason not to run one somewhere.

  • RE: When Is Work, Work?

    I'd agree with David that in the short term, on a project or two, the mega hours help you. I've worked overnight on SQL issues at times and I've learned...

  • RE: Soft Skills

    Hey, I have a lot of those skills!

    Actually going to work on them now as a break from work. See what the horses have left. :w00t:

  • RE: regarding data types convertion in sql server 2000

    This isn't T-SQL code. It's VB Script, so you can't use CAST. You could use a VBscript function, such as CDBL

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3ca8tfek(VS.85).aspx

  • RE: Connecting to another SQL Server

    SQL server has a listener that must respond to connection requests. The listener has to "take" a port from the OS when SQL server starts up. If you look in...

  • RE: When Is Work, Work?

    Strict timekeeping doesn't make sense unless you're being paid hourly. People will do the work or they won't, and that's what you track.

    I usually let people know in an interview...

  • RE: regarding data types convertion in sql server 2000

    CAST works, but without seeing data or errors (or attempts) we have no way to help.

    The error messages are usually obvious. You might not like what you're seeing, but they...

  • RE: Soft Skills

    Quite a few slick car salesman here in the US have great soft skills. Not sure that's good.

  • RE: Data Collector

    Yikes, ouch, hey!:P

    I'm slow, apparently in more ways than one, but it's corrected. No spell checked in that text box :w00t:

  • RE: loop that executes all .SQL files in a folder

    -E does trusted connections (as noted above).

    -U/P is for SQL Authentication.

    You can only choose one for your connection.

  • RE: How do I remove the temp table from this query

    Why not just use the SELECT UNIONS instead of the temp tables in the select? It appears that you're using static values in there.

Viewing 15 posts - 27,256 through 27,270 (of 39,922 total)