Viewing 15 posts - 27,211 through 27,225 (of 39,922 total)
There's no way to do this I'm aware of right now. The iFTS indexing service in 2008 can index an Excel file, but I'm not sure you can consume it...
September 15, 2008 at 6:31 am
I think you'd want to set the trace to run at startup and then log to a table in a database that very, very few people (and not the DBAs)...
September 14, 2008 at 1:23 pm
Fair point on the filing cabinet, but I think computer systems are expected to have better security. Also, the physical nature of notes tends to mean that you can protect...
September 14, 2008 at 1:19 pm
This is directly reading from the DB. The command is sent to the server and then the server executes this.
You can set this up as a linked server, but you...
September 14, 2008 at 8:46 am
I don't know your application, but perhaps something was resubmitted or yo u are missing information and don't know it.
I would check the application and see if there is a...
September 14, 2008 at 8:44 am
Logins don't have database roles, only users.
This information is easily stored in security system catalog views.
September 14, 2008 at 8:42 am
It completely depends. Patterns of access, how much are we talking about (rows and columns), and more.
This isn't necessarily something I'd worry about too early in design. It would help...
September 14, 2008 at 8:35 am
Data from one table usually sticks in the same filegroup, not sure about the same file.
September 14, 2008 at 8:29 am
Late responding, but SQL Express should work fine.
September 14, 2008 at 8:26 am
Not only that, the passphrase will need to be in code, or be entered by people. How many people can keep a shared passphrase secret?
If you think about it, not...
September 14, 2008 at 8:24 am
You can grant the CREATE PROCEDURE permission to a role and the developers could do that. They wouldn't be able to create necessarily under the owner of DBO, but you...
September 13, 2008 at 11:20 am
There are a variety of ways to do this (cursor, while), etc. Depends on what you need to do, but Sp_msforeachtable works.
September 13, 2008 at 11:20 am
Do you mean IP addresses?
If you are moving SANs, I'm not sure that it should matter for the IPs. I would suggest you attach the servers to the new SAN...
September 13, 2008 at 11:18 am
Your parenthesis don't match, You have an extra open one, and you need to either remove it or determine where you're missing the closing one.
September 12, 2008 at 11:34 am
The CTE is part of the statement. Duplicate the CTE in both statements.
September 12, 2008 at 11:18 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,211 through 27,225 (of 39,922 total)