Viewing 15 posts - 27,226 through 27,240 (of 39,922 total)
You can disable CPUs with the affinity mask, but MS doesn't recognize that. The other solution (besides removing a CPU) is to run a VM and allocate only one CPU...
September 12, 2008 at 11:18 am
Those are good articles. Profiler will work if you can limit how the developers access (meaning trace their logins).
September 12, 2008 at 11:17 am
Not sure that's a correlation. If the page file is growing, I'd make it larger to start with. Restarting SQL Server can clear things out and it changes access patterns...
September 12, 2008 at 11:14 am
I've run integrity checks daily, as mentioned above, before backups. Alert someone if you find errors.
For rebuilds, I've moved to procedures that look for fragmentation and rebuild those ones only....
September 12, 2008 at 11:12 am
truncate is one of those strange ones. I'd go with David's suggestion of Execute AS if you must do this.
September 12, 2008 at 11:11 am
As an FYI, I got a Kindle two weeks ago and have been blogging a bit on it. The latest is here, a two week review:http://blogs.sqlservercentral.com/steve_jones/archive/2008/09/12/kindle-the-two-week-followup.aspx
September 12, 2008 at 10:04 am
It's been awhile, so someone with more recent experience might need to explain this, but
a share is supposed to be a common copy. I think we used shares to...
September 12, 2008 at 9:41 am
I never rejoined code, as an FYI. Stuff branched for a particular release and then remained there. Change were always on the main branch.
That fit that particular development cycle, but...
September 12, 2008 at 8:52 am
Bad as in bad or as in "Dy-no-mite!, I'm Baaaaddddddd"
September 12, 2008 at 8:30 am
Thanks for all the well wishes. My birthday isn't today, but soon, and I'll come back and read everything.
My wife actually just asked me the other day (in between the...
September 12, 2008 at 7:46 am
Have you rebooted lately? I've seen plans just go out the window some times. Have you checked a plan on the development system?
September 12, 2008 at 7:39 am
The yellow circle is a feature of Camtasia.
September 11, 2008 at 11:19 am
Mark,
The problem is that this guy might have been "successful" as a DBA at his last job. Perhaps another group ran backups using Tivoli or something like that and he...
September 11, 2008 at 11:18 am
I wrote a series on this:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/System+Development+Life+Cycle/vcspart1/523/
September 11, 2008 at 11:15 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,226 through 27,240 (of 39,922 total)