Viewing 15 posts - 27,196 through 27,210 (of 39,922 total)
You haven't really described very well what you're doing.
Integration Services can handle over 1TB an hour of loads, so I might suggest you look at that.
September 15, 2008 at 8:18 am
Most of these tools assemble data from your tables into a format you can use. Unless you have extended properties on every fiekd, there isn't data that you can use...
September 15, 2008 at 8:16 am
Any edition of Windows that can handle 8GB of RAM is what you need.
You can run SQL enterprise on Windows standard. Not related.
September 15, 2008 at 8:14 am
Distributed Partitioned views, SOA techniques, all are available to build a scale out solution.
The reality is that most DBs do not scale out well. The solutions that have worked are...
September 15, 2008 at 8:13 am
The data is stored in your msdb database. Is this on all instances? Likely you have a client tool issue
September 15, 2008 at 8:11 am
I tend to agree with the two posts above. I separate things out for two reasons:
- security, you can secure things, but the more co-located things are, the more you're...
September 15, 2008 at 8:04 am
You are not "on your box" when you access the linked server. You've submitted a request to the server running on your box. You're allowing the service to connect to...
September 15, 2008 at 8:00 am
Works fine here, haven't heard anything on using an underscore. I do tend to avoid strange characters in identifiers, however.
Rules for identifiers: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175874.aspx
September 15, 2008 at 7:59 am
The execution plan isn't prepared ahead time. When you submit EXEC the second time, it checks to see if it has a plan for that exec string. If it does,...
September 15, 2008 at 7:57 am
There are wizards for both of these. If you have having issues, post a question on the specific issue. These are used for very different technologies used for different things.
September 15, 2008 at 7:50 am
An int will join quicker just because it's smaller, but in most systems, it is likely a negligible delay. Plenty of people use SSN, email, etc. as PKs and they...
September 15, 2008 at 7:49 am
Please don't cross post things. We see all the forums.
Once you have called the stored procedure, the output parameter comes out in @d and you can use that in a...
September 15, 2008 at 7:42 am
That looks interesting. Reminds me of ISO9001, which a couple companies I worked for adhered to. While it was annoying on day to day basis, I think it does...
September 15, 2008 at 6:49 am
I have heard some people having scale issues with the CLR procedures, and I've tried to ping NASDAQ, but no word yet.
I'd think that would bother NASDAQ, but most of...
September 15, 2008 at 6:40 am
Hiding your logic from clients is overrated. If that's all you're selling them with the software, you're not providing much service. Don't forget that you schema, the code oyu use,...
September 15, 2008 at 6:34 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,196 through 27,210 (of 39,922 total)