Viewing 15 posts - 27,166 through 27,180 (of 39,922 total)
It depends. Do you need every clustered instance to work the same if there is a failover? If so, then 64/3 makes sense. If you assume failovers are rare and...
September 16, 2008 at 1:46 pm
I think you made a mistake there of not restoring when you had one node.
I haven't done this, but I'd be nervous about this. Not sure if there is...
September 16, 2008 at 1:44 pm
I have some friends that do this, HOWEVER, they have each VM on separate physical nodes (blades in this case). You must have separate physical hardware, and separate IO paths...
September 16, 2008 at 1:32 pm
Red Herring from me, though I only did a quick check to be sure it was a fake from my side. If someone created it, I didn't see it in...
September 16, 2008 at 1:08 pm
There is a password policy in SQL Server 2005, and if the host OS supports it, SQL Server can respect that. I thought the SA account was immune, but...
September 16, 2008 at 1:07 pm
Agree with David on this one. Nothing should blow up
September 16, 2008 at 1:03 pm
Be curious to know why stored procs are a nightmare for insert/updates.
sprocs encapsulate functionality, make it easier to maintain, IMHO for everyone. Cut and paste on the client means the...
September 16, 2008 at 1:02 pm
Be sure you check the logic as a SELECT first.
September 16, 2008 at 12:59 pm
http://www.rentacoder.com as well
September 16, 2008 at 12:58 pm
Borland C++, ah, those were the days.
Used that in 91/92 to write some small utilities for a Novell network. Worked better than Visual C++, as I recall.
September 16, 2008 at 12:57 pm
Not that I know of. You need to add the user.
A good reason to have a script to create database instead of using the GUI. Let someone change parameters at...
September 16, 2008 at 9:17 am
I don't think there's a way to do this. I thought someone had done a GRANT EXECUTE on a schema, but not sure if that would work.
The thing to do...
September 16, 2008 at 9:15 am
You could create a computed column and do something like identity + 1. Why can't they see the identity?
September 16, 2008 at 9:14 am
Christopher,
No idea how it's used. I haven't messed with it, but I'm sure someone has.
September 16, 2008 at 7:30 am
I know it's based in reality, they have real CSI people consulting on things, but it's exaggerated. Each person has many more cases, less space, and less equipment. Tests take...
September 16, 2008 at 7:18 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,166 through 27,180 (of 39,922 total)