Viewing 15 posts - 27,181 through 27,195 (of 39,922 total)
That's a scary thought. Google has a lot of information about you, but it isn't necessarily related. With their API, I suppose some of it could be mined.
Definitely a good...
September 16, 2008 at 7:13 am
Check the local "hosts" file. Be sure there's not an overriding entry there. Though I'd think that would prevent other issues.
What about an alias in the client network utility? A...
September 15, 2008 at 10:14 am
I think you have to put those up as attachments. There are always some things like XML that the forums have trouble converting.
Not sure offhand what's wrong in there,...
September 15, 2008 at 10:11 am
I go this from a developer at MS:
= = = = =
Yes, using DQ, the Jet OLE/DB provider, and the Excel IISAM.
I recommend you get the Jet Programmer's Reference Guide...
September 15, 2008 at 10:08 am
I've avoided this because at some point I've needed to separate customers out. Either scale/size issues or regulatory problems.
I usually go with a separate database for each customer.
September 15, 2008 at 10:06 am
You can store data in a text/image column, but the max row size outside of that is fixed.
September 15, 2008 at 10:04 am
Don't cross post.
Answered here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic569582-8-1.aspx
September 15, 2008 at 10:04 am
a video here:
http://www.jumpstarttv.com/windows-and-sql-server-2005-clustering-architecture_31.aspx
Lots of resources on clustering if you search for them.
September 15, 2008 at 8:43 am
Red GAte (I work for them) has SQL Refactor, which will get them consistent, but it doesn't review code.
There's not anything that can review code to see if it's done...
September 15, 2008 at 8:41 am
I disagree. Clustering doesn't scale out at all. It provides redundancy, HA solutions, not scale out.
Polyserve (now HP) has an interesting solution.
September 15, 2008 at 8:40 am
Doh!, SSN, edited the post.
good advice above. Be sure that you don't need the 0 before you remove it. Some systems need it, or might be expecting xx digits, so...
September 15, 2008 at 8:38 am
Make sure you don't target any developers with that thing!
Thanks again for all the well wishes.
September 15, 2008 at 8:36 am
Phillip has a good idea. Assuming you're not using some of the things that don't work well with 64 bit (SQL Mail, etc.), looking at 64bit is a good idea....
September 15, 2008 at 8:35 am
Index rebuilds take time, they take resources and can lock things a bit.
In SQL 2005, there are more online operations (and 2008), so you can consider that. The other thing...
September 15, 2008 at 8:23 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,181 through 27,195 (of 39,922 total)