Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 26,971 through 26,985 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: The September 2008 Car Update

    While it can snow here anytime in Denver (surprised we haven't had any in Sept), we don't have a lot of snow here. The vast majority of the time the...

  • RE: The September 2008 Car Update

    I'll definitely keep an on the tires and mileage. I don't remember the brand that was on there originally, but they never seemed to grip well.

    Would we be more efficient...

  • RE: Data Collector

    You're right. How about this?

    Where is the data stored for the Data Collector in SQL Server 2008? (configiuration, collector sets, and metric data points)

  • RE: Article Discussions Section

    Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean on the home section of the forums (/forums) to have the authors forums listed? Part of the issue is the count...

  • RE: Excess space in a database data file

    I thought it was 2x, but in any case, you need space to rebuild the indexes. It doesn't drop them first, it creates a new one, then drops the old...

  • RE: Knowledge Level for Articles

    Ouch, yikes, hey, this isn't Slash-Whiney-people-that-want-to-complain-dot!

    Actually I like Slashdot and this made me smile this am.

    Pre-filtering might make sense, but we're kind of in that daily publishing model. We hope...

  • RE: PCI Audit Secure Delete Requirements

    Not sure on the restores, based on the "get it out as quick as possible", my guess is the deleted data is in the restore, marked as free.

  • RE: PCI Audit Secure Delete Requirements

    Very interesting requirement and thought here.

    Honestly I'm not 100% sure, though I'll ask the question of some experts.

    My understanding is that when you delete a row, it's marked as deleted...

  • RE: Data Collector

    Based on the way I worded the question, msdb is the only answer, and my apologies for the error.

    I have awarded back all points to this time on this.

    I meant...

  • RE: 'Your Response' bar could use more detail

    That one's been suggested, but people tend not to like pop-ups, and really questions or comments on the articles should be with the articles on other sites.

    I know I prefer...

  • RE: Check List for DB Design

    I'll disagree slightly with Grant.

    Split your backups from the log and data first if you can. If you lose the data and logs, you'll have your backups. Next, depending on...

  • RE: Check List for DB Design

    There's a lot to check. Do you know what queries will be run? Are they efficient given your design? You have to look at the joins and information you pull...

  • RE: what is the difference between CAST and CONVERT Function?

    They work the same, but have different options. As Chris mentioned, one appeals to the standard, but they're functionally the same for most things.

  • RE: Prometheus

    One interesting note I noticed from my company. The HR group at Red Gate will send around a note a few times a year when they notice someone coming into...

  • RE: The September 2008 Car Update

    Yep, had the numbers switched. With my tax credit, I think I've paid off the hybrid extra cost (about $4k) and am doing better now every month.

    With the new tires...

Viewing 15 posts - 26,971 through 26,985 (of 39,922 total)