Viewing 15 posts - 26,641 through 26,655 (of 39,922 total)
The servers are on US time, Colorado (Mountain) actually. So things won't switch until I do 🙂
October 28, 2008 at 9:12 am
I wouldn't be surprised to get upgrades coming every 1-2 years now. However it will put stress on everyone if you don't have upgrades that go back to 4-5 years...
October 28, 2008 at 8:43 am
There shouldn't be issues with running this mode. Your database functions as though it were a 2000 server, although the structures are different. In the 3 years this has been...
October 28, 2008 at 8:35 am
Last time you were unmotivated? Or it was slow? Hopefully it was the former, though I suspect the latter.
October 28, 2008 at 7:33 am
The cloud is here, and get ready to start debugging a few tables spread throughout the cloud and not performing well!
October 28, 2008 at 7:16 am
I'm not sure what 7.5 is, from my understanding that was cancelled in favor of 8.0. Nevertheless, the point is there.
Microsoft constantly looks to try and get people to upgrade....
October 28, 2008 at 7:04 am
Easy, easy. Go easy on the politics here.
Feel free to start a thread in Not about SQL forum if you wish to debate it.
October 28, 2008 at 6:44 am
You have a problem with your model database. Are the model.mdf and model.ldf there?
October 27, 2008 at 4:24 pm
There isn't a great way to do this. If you have two SQL Servers, you want to back up the HR database separately. You can script or setup a...
October 27, 2008 at 2:02 pm
A striped backup still requires the full size. If you have the database on multiple file groups, meaning multiple ndf files, you can restore those on separate drives.
October 27, 2008 at 1:55 pm
Thanks to all of you for helping and I've tried to make this something I'm proud of (as did Andy and Brian when they were here).
We get complaints about the...
October 27, 2008 at 1:18 pm
My guess is this would get cleaned up over time, but I'd be curious to see.
And I agree with Johan, use a clustered index. Doesn't hurt you to have one.
October 27, 2008 at 1:15 pm
Not a bad point, we'll talk about adding these in there automatically.
Do we pop external articles in another browser? Do we frame things? I hate frames, BTW.
October 27, 2008 at 12:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 26,641 through 26,655 (of 39,922 total)