Viewing 15 posts - 26,656 through 26,670 (of 39,922 total)
To me it's not horrible, but it is disappointing in compared to SQLPrompt. It works OK if you don't have anything else, but it's definitely a 1.0 implementation.
The biggest issue...
October 27, 2008 at 12:14 pm
You're missing the way this works.
WHERE sales > (case when @sales = 'no' then 1 else 0)
THe CASE statement returns a value. That value gets slipped into your WHERE clause....
October 27, 2008 at 10:53 am
To me these are things that are daily checks, things you need to make sure are available if you get called when you're on-call. Issues should be documented and also...
October 27, 2008 at 10:46 am
What do you mean "safe?"
It works, more and more people running 64-bit every day. There are issues with some subsystems (SQLMail, SSIS), where things could have issues moving to...
October 27, 2008 at 10:37 am
You should not be losing any tables, system or user. If some things break, it's because the database reacts differently to keywords, and potentially system views. In 2005/2008 there is...
October 27, 2008 at 10:35 am
I have a few separate accounts, though I don't worry about them too much. We monitor frequently and we're quick to shut down an account if we have issues.
Opting out...
October 27, 2008 at 10:33 am
I work for Red Gate, so you know. I'll say that there's no way you could write anything that works as well or reliably as their compare products in anywhere...
October 27, 2008 at 10:32 am
What you're asking makes no sense. What do you mean by no shared storage? No SAN-type setup? That severely limits your redundancy.
You can look at Database mirroring, but that...
October 27, 2008 at 10:24 am
I'd recommend you just download it again. I've pulled it from Codeplex twice and had no issues, although I did have to get iFTS and Filestream working.
October 27, 2008 at 10:23 am
Or use SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON
In either case, you can't use select *, you need to specify columns at least in the INSERT part of the statement.
October 27, 2008 at 10:22 am
I think PostgreSQL is a more mature product. But mySQL proves that it can handle loads. The thing is you need the talent that Yahoo and others have, and most...
October 27, 2008 at 8:21 am
Check the properties for the database and see if your files are restricted in size or set to autogrow.
Check the recovery model in the same place (is it full or...
October 27, 2008 at 7:50 am
Yep, this is code, no need to open each table. You wouldn't do that anyway, the GUI just makes it seem you would.
I'd honestly just use SQLCMD, run them all...
October 27, 2008 at 7:46 am
Correct, use admin to install, create a "normal" user with no rights. I'd leave it at everyone in the AD group membership. Then the installation program will assign rights.
I'd recommend...
October 27, 2008 at 7:45 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,656 through 26,670 (of 39,922 total)